Evenflo SureRide/Titan 65

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
This is our new program seat. The thing is crazy big, but even fits tiny babies. Im pretty amazed.

The first and second photo is my 34 lbs, 3.5 year old. The straps are on the last RF slot. Obviously he's got plenty of room to grow height wise, he will definitely get to 40lbs RF with tons of leg room. The third photo is my 5.5 year old who is 48 inches and 59 lbs. Would probably be on the third to bottom slot installed. My finger is on the top slot. And for fun, the last pic is my 58 inch 11 yo daughter. She's obviously over the weight limit of 65lbs FF, but still has growing room for the last slot. We put a cabbage patch doll in it at the office and it fits amazing well in it's very low bottom slot. It will literally get kids from birth to booster and beyond.

Last edited:
ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I'm ordering our new batch of program seats for the year at the hospital and I think I'm going with these. They hit all the important ranges (RF to two, harness to booster maturity) without the risk of being outgrown too early.

SavsMom

I may or may not have the Sugar Plum version in my car :rolleyes:
I just now need to figure out how to integrate it into my seat rotation without my my boyfriend noticing :eek:

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
We start using it at our event on Tuesday. Most likely taking the Maestro and Titan out of rotation and making this the only harnessed seat. We'll probably keep a few Sceneras on hand for smaller vehicles. This is the only concerning thing.

View attachment 19707

Last edited:

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
It says and/OR so is this saying that a car with forward of the bite buckled but no top tether is incompatible with this seat??

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The problem with forward of the bight belts is that often you cannot get a tight installation with less than 1" of movement. But if you can't get a good install then you're not going to send a kid away in that seat so I think it's kind of a moot point. I don't want to speak for Evenflo but I'm pretty sure that's the concern.

jjordan

Wow, that is one tall seat. How much front-back space does it take compared to other seats (if anyone knows)?

Louisa

CPST Instructor
our big kid dummy that fits fine in the maestro did not have enough harness in this seat.
I'm also a but unsure about how much i like the recline foot, makes using a noodle a bit of a chalange

christineka

I tried my 45 pound 8 year old in the store display and barely got her buckled. She has plenty of harness left in the radian.

lovemybabies924

My 7 year old was no go

Evenflo asked me to measure the harness and send them pics of me measuring.. But I'm returning it now and don't have a tape measure lol

I really liked it for my 5 year old but we bought an rxt for him instead

Last edited:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
That wording is on all Evenflo seats IIRC. They are basically saying that a tether makes up for a loose installation due to the above conditions. On other seats that I've checked on, a tight installation without tether with FOB belts or using a BSC without the tether is also acceptable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC