Question Easy to install convertible for occasional use?

U

Unregistered

I have a 15-lb. 3 mo. old.

I am looking for a convertible seat to leave at my in-laws in case they ever need to pick my child up from daycare. This would only be in an emergency or pressing circumstances, so the seat would probably only be used once or twice a year.

There are several members of their family with several different cars (SUVs & sedans), so I'm looking for something that any of them could easily install if needed. (For example, if I show them how to install it now, and in 5 months, my sister-in-law who has never used a car seat suddenly needs to pick up my child, I would like her to be able to install it quickly & safely.)

I saw the Cosco Scenera recommended for occasional use, but it doesn't sound like it would work because I read it can be tricky to install rear-facing. Is there anything similar that can be installed more easily? The Scenera's price is obviously appealing, but not if my in-laws won't be able to install it safely.

Also, if there are no good convertible options, I could buy an infant seat & then give it to a friend when my child outgrows it. I would still want something that can be easily installed.

Thanks very much.

ADS

kdkm

Maybe the APT40? Its about the same price as the Scenera but a lot easier to install imo. You shouldn't need pool noodles or towels. Its also really light weight which is good for a seat that will be moved around.

Or maybe look for a clearance roundabout 50 or myride at your local (if you have one) target? My Target has a few for like 50-70% off. Both are pretty easy to install (the Roundabout 50 is easier for me) but are heavier than the APT40 if that is a concern.

Brianna

Welcome to car-seat.org :) There are several seats we could recommend for your situation but if you share your budget that would help us narrow the list for you.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

Thank you all.

I'd love to spend $60 or less since it's just for emergencies, but we could pay more ($100ish) if needed. The priority is easy, safe installation by someone unfamiliar with car seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC