Easiest seat to use FF?

melissa621

My 2.5 year old will be staying a few weekends with grandma over the next few months or so, and I was planning on FF him in her car. Being the car seat paranoid person I am, I want to have the easiest seat to for her to use. Anyhow, I've never used any of our seats FF and I'm looking for input on what seat would likely be the most user friendly. We have a Nextfit (which I'm leaning towards), Cosco Scenera, Frontier, Roundabout 50, and a MyRide. I do have a Foonf, but I avoid moving that thing at all costs.

She wouldn't be installing or moving the seats around or anything. Just looking for the seat that would be the easiest to buckle, tighten, etc when FF.

ADS

purplemama

I've only used a myride & a roundabout50 FF. I'd say the roundabout, I find that seat soooo easy to use. And my parents & in-laws find it very easy to use also.

rin2809

Of those seats, the MyRide and Scenera have been the only ones that I have used. I will say my parents were not fans of the Scenera that they owned, and found it frustrating. But they were also installing it, so might be OK if you take care of that part. The MyRide is pretty user friendly in my book, as long as it is a good fit in the vehicle. I know even FF it wasn't great in my compact car. I kept hitting my son's head on the roof to get him in.

How often is the kiddo with Grandma? If it is often and you would be open to getting a seat for her to have permanently, I highly recommend the Maestro. My son loves the seat and my parents keep raving about how much easier it is for them to use and get kiddo into!

Dillipop

I have had all those seats at some point. Ease of tightening (all the grandparents will be doing right?) and non-twisty straps goes in this order, IMO-

Roundabout
Foonf
Nextfit
Myride
Frontier (I find it hard to tighten all the way without paying a lot of attention to it)
Scenera- has a continuous harness, which may throw grandparents for a loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melissa621

He's not with them too often (they live 4 hrs away). I have so many extra seats that I might just leave his Roundabout 50 there. Sounds like that will probably be the best option. I tried his nextfit FF this weekend, and it was almost as bad getting him in FF as it was RF since the sides are so high. The Roundabout it is! Thanks guys!

AllieK

With a FF child I would say get the harness tight once then just have the grandparents use the seat without loosening/tightening the harness. This is what we do with my MIL. It's one less thing for her to (potentially) mess up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC