Question Does this look ok...he's 8 and had to use it temporarily

michaelsmom0522

Hi I'm just wondering if my son passes the booster fit... It's his first time not in a harness but it was an emergency and we had to use it...Also was thinking about keeping it around for when he goes to a friends house instead of the carseat because most of the parents at his school don't put their kids in anything...

ForumRunner_20140831_193458.png

ForumRunner_20140831_193509.png

ADS
The shoulder portion looks great. Can't really see the lap belt. I would be 110% fine with an 8-year old in a backless booster for any trip (unless they sleep in the car frequently, in which case I may opt for a high back), provided they followed the Booster Rules.

He's a cutie pie btw!!!

jjordan

The pictures are rather small, but it looks like a backless booster in a seating position that does not have head support for him. He needs to have head support (from the vehicle or from a highback booster that does not require vehicle head support to reinforce the booster head support) at least to the tops of his ears.

From what I can see, it looks like the shoulder belt fit is probably good - you want the belt across the middle of the shoulder, not falling off the outside or cutting into his neck. I can't really evaluate the lap belt fit at all. Really it's a good idea to feel for the child's hipbones and make sure the belt is below the tops of the hipbones.

The pictures are rather small, but it looks like a backless booster in a seating position that does not have head support for him. He needs to have head support (from the vehicle or from a highback booster that does not require vehicle head support to reinforce the booster head support) at least to the tops of his ears. From what I can see, it looks like the shoulder belt fit is probably good - you want the belt across the middle of the shoulder, not falling off the outside or cutting into his neck. I can't really evaluate the lap belt fit at all. Really it's a good idea to feel for the child's hipbones and make sure the belt is below the tops of the hipbones.

Totally missed the head support!! That's what I get for posting before coffee..

jacqui276

Are you able to get a picture of the lap belt fit? I would also move it over to one of the outboard positions so that he has a head rest behind him or have him in a high back booster in the center that allows no head support.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC