Does Britax take the return?

pregodego2

plus whatever hit she takes for shipping the Frontier back.

But we already have the SSK monterey. So that would end up being our backless booster, or used with the back as a belt booster (which i would feel better with once my older son is a a bit bigger), the the nauti would go to my younger son who is only 3 pounds away from being able to go into it (but still has some life left on his evenflo triumph 5) and has a much shorter build.

$250 (frontier) - $40 (return shipping) - $150 (nautilus) = $60

So it ends up being a $60 benefit to us to return the frontier.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

turboboosters expire after 6 yrs.

lol.

basically, the nautilus has taller top slots by .25"-.5"
BUT... and this is a big BUT (hehe)

The frontier makes THE tallest booster (as tall or taller than the Monterey)

It is a freaking AWESOME one at that.

SO... the question is... what do you really want it for... if it is for the 5yr old to last until he's older and can use it as a booster or pass it to a sibling for harnessing, then it's PERFECT because it has a 9yr life, tall top slots, and goes super tall as a booster.

if it is for the 3yr old... well, I wouldn't get either the Nauti or the Frontier for him. I'd get another Radian and rearface that child till 33-35lbs,

I'm assuming it is for the 5yr old.

Really, unless he has a long torso and you need every viable .25" (like *COUGH* me for my giant 90% 4yr old who weighs more than your 5yr old and has outgrown the Triumph that your 3yr old is in... assuming it isn't the Advance), money is tight, and/or you can't get a good install, I would keep it.

Now I just don't like the frontier (I'm in love with my Nautilus), BUT... there are a lot of factors with that... starting with that my 7yr old has a Monterey that is new... by the time his sister outgrows the Nautilus as a booster, if he's not out of that Monterey, I'm putting him in the Nautilus as a backless and giving it to her.

He'd be like... 11 or 12 by then!

Basically, I bought the Nauti strictly for the harnessed portion. I may by her a girly booster or see what is out there for kicks, but the Nautilus makes a really great booster and I also have the Monterey that won't expire until she's TEN (and since my oldest was 4'9" AT 8yrs old... yeah... two weeks before his birthday... I was watching his ears to see if they peeked above the headrest ... they were level... I stopped peeking when he turned 8 and called it done, and she's on the higher percentiles... higher than her other brother is... I don't expect her to need a booster after she's ten... if she does, a backless would do), I'm good to go.

For you, I think this is a great seat because your oldest can use it... then the 3yr old, when the 5yr old goes back to the Monterey.

and then it should last the 3yr old until either he's outgrown boosters or he'd be beyond fine in a backless.

pregodego2

Well we did make the decision to return it and WHEW we all feel much much better. Yesterday the carseat tech came and did installations for my moms group, she said with how tall my son is, he is fine and fits very well in the monterey. I have 3 safe seats, we'll get the nauti when my 3 year old reaches the weight/height next year and it's all good.

only $33 out, it sucks but it's much better than having the $250 weight on our shoulders.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC