do they look ready for LBB?

naomi76

160.jpg.html

photoj.jpg.html

Not sure if the images will work .... but I put the kids in LBB the other day and snapped a quick pic to see if they look like they fit correctly in them. They weren't too thrilled about me taking their pics, as you can see :eek:

ADS

soph's mom

How old are they? A lot depends on maturity and ability to sit correctly all of the time... Her belt fit doesn't look too... Too far off her shoulder.

Also, you need to click up the head rests up. They are really pushing it for being high enough to support their heads in a crash...

MommyShannon

How old are they and what do they weigh? The shoulder belt is definitely bad on her and its hard to tell on him. They look pretty small and too easy to lean out of the shoulder belt. Besides fit, maturity has a lot to do with being ready for a no back. My DD started using one right before her 8th birthday. Before that, the extra freedom was too tempting for her to move around and get out of position.
ETA: I was slow typing, lol. Same as what she said above. When ever you do switch, be sure to move the headrests up.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It is hard to tell if your son is fitted correctly or not.

I agree that the headrests need to be raised (or will need to be raised soon!).

naomi76

ah, thanks! I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize those headrests were adjustable.

These are not their normal seats, we just had them temporarily. But I am thinking of getting them the Graco Turbo Boosters.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Lap belt fit looks great on both of them. I'm not thrilled about the shoulder belt fit on her, especially. A different backless booster might actually work better, maybe the Harmony Youth Booster? Because it's a little lower and that might help put that shoulder belt a little higher up over her collar bone.

But if the highback booster still fits, I'd keep them in that for now. There's no rush to change. Perhaps if you find a better-fitting backless booster it might be good for carpool situations.

ETA: Is it just the picture, or is your daughter really narrow in the shoulders? I think that's what's making the shoulder belt not fit her super well.

PikkuMyy

The lap belt fit looks great but I would try a Cosco Top Side for your daughter to correct the shoulder belt positioning. The seat belt gets routed unlike most boosters. The directions for the Top Side instruct you to put the shoulder belt *over* the arm rest on the buckle side, thus bringing the seat belt closer to the neck.

The Cosco Top Side is available at Target or Kmart.

http://www.target.com/p/cosco-no-ba...999429#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=cosco+booster

http://www.kmart.com/cosco-top-side...W004273575001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Katri's right, you're going to need something like the Top Side, unless your shoulderbelt anchors can slide up. I have to use the shortest boosters possible to make my 7 yo fit in our Escape, because if she gets lifted up too high (AMP/Big Kid is way high), the belt goes right off her arm.

naomi76

So you think she's sitting too high?

Maybe I'm not seeing something; is there something different about the TopSide?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She also looks like she's sitting over to the side instead of centered. Being more toward the center of the booster might position her belt better in this particular booster.

naomi76

I think I must be missing something .... the Topside looks the same to me. I googled it, and I can't find any info on them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC