Question Diono RXT RF in 01 Chrysler T&C

AlisonR80

I installed the RXT RF'ing, using LATCH, in a captains chair and it appears to be too upright for my 9 month old. The detachable base of the seat is in the crack (seat bite?)...is that where it's supposed to go? Can i recline the captain's chair and if so, how much can it reline to help the Diono be more reclined? Also, can the tether be used to help it recline more, or not?

I tried to take a pic but my camera battery is dead. However i could take a pic with my phone, i'm not sure how i'd get it to this message board...I can take pics after i charge my battery.

Please help...thanks!

ADS

Pixels

Generally, reclining the vehicle seat doesn't change the install angle of a rear facing seat. The front edge of the rear facing boot dies go in the crack where the vehicle seat back ad bottom meet (the bight). You can use the rear facing tether to get more recline.

AlisonR80

Thanks...I tethered it and i think it looks better, but i'm not liking the tether location. I used the D-ring strap on the bottom of the driver's seat (part that's not moveable)...but it is in the way of the driver's seat moving back further. My husband would not be able to drive the car without moving the seat back further and it starts making a funny noise due to the d-ring strap. Is there anywhere else it can be tethered? Can it be tethered to the bottom of the captain's chair it's on? (i'm thinking not...)

Pixels

No, you can't tether to the same seat the carseat is on. It has to be a fixed, strong location that is down and toward the front of the vehicle from the carseat.

Can you put it behind the passenger instead?

AlisonR80

I don't see anywhere under the passenger seat that is suitable for tethering, it's all covered in plastic. I tried to untether it and i can't get the d-ring out of the hook...hubby will have to do it and he's not here. I might be able to tether it to where the driver's seat belt is bolted to the floor, if it's allowed to tether to a loop of the driver's seat belt?

mom of six

I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. There is a great place to tether it under the passenger seat (and probably drivers seat) but you do have to remove the plastic trim piece. There are two small screws that attach it. Here is a picture of the drivers side with the plastic trim piece in place.
:eek: Please excuse all the crumbs :eek:
08e9d102-00d6-446c-adcb-4620e22713ff.image

And here is a picture of the passenger side with the plastic trim removed and the D-ring attached. The passenger seat is moved all the way forward so you can see where I attached it. When the seat is moved back the d-ring is almost hidden but it does not interfere with the seat mechanism.
10cd7b1f-2beb-4ba1-91de-50612b6fd6b6.image

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC