News Diono Radian R120 (Replacing 80SL)

JustKidsStore

To learn about the upcoming Diono Radian R120 - which will be taking over for the Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL - including to see sneak preview pictures, click here.

R100-65sl.jpg

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Oooh, so it's a booster too? Perhaps truly 'the only seat you'll need'?! I assume the '120' in the name refers to its max booster weight? Exciting stuff!

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I like that the booster weight range doesn't start until 50 lbs, but the belt guides at the top of the seat look so, so cheap. I don't foresee this seat making a very good booster.

JustKidsStore

For those of you who haven't seem them yet, the official images for the new Radian R120 are now available! Check out all the colors and updated features here.

jperiod

When is this seat available to purchase? I was just about to buy a 80SL, but I would so buy the R120 or whatever just to never have to buy another seat again! LOL

Pixels

When is this seat available to purchase? I was just about to buy a 80SL, but I would so buy the R120 or whatever just to never have to buy another seat again! LOL

Diono has just received their first shipment of seats a few days ago and now they are in the process of getting seats to retailers.

It's highly unlikely that it would be the last seat you need. Kids will outgrow this seat before they are big enough to ride in a seatbelt alone. It might get them to backless booster age, though.

JustKidsStore

The R120 (the equivalent of the 80SL) will be able to hold a child up to 120 pounds. And Diono says that all of their Radian Seats now have a lifespan of 10 years! Pixels is right, though, you may still need a backless booster. And they are continuing to produce the Santa Fe.

jperiod

in what cases would I need another seat? does it only go up to 57" in booster mode as well? for some reason I thought that was only FF.

Pixels

The height limits are the same for both harness mode and for booster mode: 57 inches or top of ears even with the top of the seat.

You need a booster seat any time the child does not pass the 5-step test. Depending on the child and vehicle, they might fit at 57 inches, but often do not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC