Diono radian FF install question

nomorevan

Hi! Hoping you smart car seat experts can help with our situation. We have 3 across in a Prius V, a roundabout 55 in the center, Maxi-cosi Rodi on the passenger side, and a Radian behind the driver.

My question is this, we could fit another radian in the center instead of the roundabout, but we could not get the install right! The seat would not move at all side to side, but we could lift the front up several inches. Is this seat just incompatible? It's super tight using the belt on the outboard position, we can't move it at all, so it's really frustrating that we can't get it in the middle. The reason the roundabout works really well is because it has those clips on the inside that hold the seat belt in place. I tried twisting the belt stalk, but it didn't help.

I'm only asking because DD is in that center roundabout, and we just moved her straps up to the top slot, so I'm thinking ahead for when she needs a new seat.

ADS

wavegal

Have you tried using the forward recline on the radian? ( little bar you pull on the bottom of the seat which drops it down a bit) that may give a better install angle solving the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

nomorevan

Have you tried using the forward recline on the radian? ( little bar you pull on the bottom of the seat which drops it down a bit) that may give a better install angle solving the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Just sent DH to look. By the confused look on his face, I'm guessing no. Thank you! :D

nomorevan

So it turns out it actually was down all the way.

has anyone else had this problem? I remember having it in our van too, but we were able to use latch to bypass the problem.

nomorevan

Ok, the foot wasn't lowered, so I lowered it, and it helped. I twisted the belt stalk as well.

I do have one more question, as far as movement, at the belt path, there is little to no movement front to back or side to side, however, at the front of the seat, where the legs hang down, if I lift it up I can move it. Am I even supposed to check this, or is the tightness at the belt path enough?

jjordan

Often Radians can be pulled forward when installed, which is not good. So yes, just check for movement at the belt path, but be sure to check in all directions and not just side-to-side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC