Diono R100 in Booster Mode (Pic)

DadToThree

I'm in the middle of working on a blog on the new Diono line up of seats. I noticed a couple posts here recently with people interested in seeing what the booster mode looks like. I've attached a R100 in my 2007 GMC Sierra. The child is 44lbs, 45", so personally I would not put him in a booster yet, but I wanted to see what it would look like as the average person would .. as we all know...

Thoughts?

Oh, and no this seat is not shipping yet .. this is a first shot seat that can't actually be used. We are taking preorders now for the first shipment of seats that should be shipping mid November if everything goes according to plan.

Ben
SnuggleBugz.ca

ADS

rxmommy

:eek: man, that shoulder belt fit....

The manual still lists 50lbs as a minimum though right? I know why you took the picture, and that many people would just skip over that, but just asking. :)

amyd

Cryssy Jane said:
lap belt looks good but man that shoulder belt :thumbsdown: I was concerned about that.

Yeah, I don't like that shoulder belt at all. Looks like the child would need to have significantly outgrown the top slots by height before the shoulder belt would rest on the collarbone.

Pixels

Is he over the fourth slots? I can't tell if there is another set of slots about even with his ear.

The belt on the buckle side is not tucked down into the belt guide. That will help both lap and shoulder belts. The lap belt fit on the other side looks quite good.

If you have your hands on the RXT, I want to see that one as well. Very different shoulder belt guide.

selinajean

Yikes on the shoulder belt! :eek:

And may I say that I am jealous of his wardrobe (or lack thereof). Is it really that hot there still?

Is he over the fourth slots? I can't tell if there is another set of slots about even with his ear.

I was looking at that too but I think that would be way too high; putting a child's ears way over the top of the shell, no?

amyd

Pixels said:

I think he's over the 4th set and we're seeing the 5th above his shoulders

canadiangie

Ben,

Can you take a few more pics with the seatbelt routed under the guides per the manual (what Pixels is talking about), and include some pics showing more of his legs and lap so we can see lap belt fit a little better.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see some more pics. :)

DadToThree

Can you take a few more pics with the seatbelt routed under the guides per the manual (what Pixels is talking about), and include some pics showing more of his legs and lap so we can see lap belt fit a little better.

Sorry, not following you. There are no guides on the R100 cause it is just the metal "guide" at the top. The RXT has guides in the head wings ... more to come .. I should have move pics and info later this week.

canadiangie

Ben,

The manual should reference something about guides for the lap belt to go under when in booster mode. We are hoping that the use of them improves the overall belt fit. :)

diono

Good example of why there are certain weight and heights set to use as a booster. My Max is 50lbs about 52" tall. He fits great in the seat harnessed (shoulders are slightly above top slot) or with the seat belt as a booster. I will try to get him to model. However, he is usually not very cooperative. $$ should get his attention. Yes, at 7 years old, he is quite the business man already.

In the RXT, he is just about maxed out (no pun intended) of the harness and can use it as a booster for a little while, but every kid grows in different shapes and sizes. He is in the 90% for height. The CRs are designed with the 50% child in mind.

I will try to post my pics this week. Busy week for him. Too many activities. Why do they all occur at the same time?

canadiangie

Allana? Are you really posting?

Way. Too. Cool. :)

Good example of why there are certain weight and heights set to use as a booster. My Max is 50lbs about 52" tall. He fits great in the seat harnessed (shoulders are slightly above top slot) or with the seat belt as a booster. I will try to get him to model. However, he is usually not very cooperative. $$ should get his attention. Yes, at 7 years old, he is quite the business man already.

In the RXT, he is just about maxed out (no pun intended) of the harness and can use it as a booster for a little while, but every kid grows in different shapes and sizes. He is in the 90% for height. The CRs are designed with the 50% child in mind.

I will try to post my pics this week. Busy week for him. Too many activities. Why do they all occur at the same time?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC