Differnece between Compass b510 and b540?

obnurse19

It is hard to tell what the differences are! I am looking to buy this seat as a spare for Grandma's car for my 5 year old. She rides in both our main cars in a harness (Nautilus), but I am feeling like she is mature enough for a booster for the once a month should we be in grandmas car.

Is this a good seat? Better than a Turbobooster? I would LOVE the Monterey, but don't want to spend the money on that seat since she will be in it SO infrequently.

I am in love with the giraffe print, but it is hard to find in the b510.

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure both the B510 and B540 are good boosters. The B540 has a head rest that's supposed to work better w/ the newer, forward tilted head restraints in vehicles. I believe it also has slightly different rails on the bottom to help it fit buckety seats better. Unless Gma's car has those forward tilted head restraints, either booster will likely work just fine.

I would say that the B510/B540 are maybe a little bit better than the Turbobooster, especially if you're going to be moving the seat around, since it folds and doesn't come apart (the Turbo back and bottom separate pretty easily).

FWIW, there may be a reason the Giraffe is hard to find. When it first came out, there were a lot of complaints about it running and ripping. They may have discontinued that fabric early on due to quality issues.

mistylavon

I just recently, within the last 5 wks. ordered just the giraffe cover directly from the company. It's fine and we haven't had any problems w/ it so far.

Misty

Maedze

I absolutely wouldn't get a Compass for a five year old. They do a very poor job in general of correctly fitting the lap belt, and on smaller riders in particular it's abysmal. The Turbobooster will fit a 5 year old much, much, muc better, as would a Recaro Vivo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC