did i miss something today?

ateammom

i just saw the vivo on babyage.com! in stock!!! I was looking for a daisy compass b510 for dd who finally made up her mind. She didn't like that the head wings on the recaro were so close to her head. Is it a better seat than the compass?

ADS

scatterbunny

Wow, cool! I didn't think it was supposed to be out so soon? Only a couple cover choices are in stock, though--not the pretty pink and gray.

I wonder how the seat depth is on this seat?

sb518

what's the difference of the vivo and the vivo lite?? I can't seem to find the differences except for the $10 cheaper on the vivo lite

lamamaloca

I've seen the Vivo or the Vivo Lite also in stock at elitecarseats.com . I believe there is a difference in the covers. In my understanding, the Vivo has a plusher cover, while the Vivo Lite includes air vents in the seat and cover.

scatterbunny

Without knowing the seat depth or how high it adjusts, I wouldn't know if one is "better" than another (better is really relative :) ). The SIP on the Recaro seems better, definitely.

Apple

Elitecarseats has this in their specs for hte vivo

Car seat specs
Min child weight 30 lbs.
Max child weight 100 lbs.
Min child weight - Forward Facing mode 30 lbs.
Max child weight - Forward facing mode 100 lbs.
Minimum weight for booster mode 30 lbs.
Max child height 59"

Car seat dimensions
Product weight 11 lbs.
Seat height 27 - 32.5"
Interior seat width 14"
Interior seat back height 24.5 - 29"
Seat weight (without base) 11 lbs.

scatterbunny

Seat depth is so important, I wonder why they never included that in specs? :(

After using the Parkway and then B510, which has a deeper seat, I don't know that I would choose the Vivo over, say, an Airbooster, if the seat of the Vivo is more like a Parkway in depth.

jessica52877

FYI, babyage.com WILL NOT take a car seat back if the package was opened! I ordered from them and had to end up eating a Britax Boulevard that was NEW in plastic and all because I had cut open the box to set it in the car!

ateammom

wow, thanks for the info! i don't understand why companies have such stupid rules about stuff like that. don't they want you to be happy? and don't they realize that you talk to other mommies who will also be needing baby gear?

amyg530

yeah if i remember correctly i have seen horrible reviews of babyage.com
i've read that they open the boxes to put the shiping labels in them so that they can say you opened the box and cant return it. if this is the site that i read the reviews of (and i'm about 99% sure) then i WOULD NOT order from them!

ETA: i just checked and this is the site i was thinking, apparently they are terrible so dont order from them!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC