Delayed alerts?

Cryssy Jane

EmmaCPST said:
If it matters at all - I went in the main notification center (I'm using an iPod touch with iOS 6, by the way) and turned off CSO notifications altogether yesterday afternoon and I'm still getting the mass notifications as recently as this morning.

I did this as well an am still getting notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Thanks for looking into it. Is there a way to turn off push notifications from the app?

I disabled notifications in the main iOS settings menu on my iPod and I'm still getting them, I deleted the app and re-installed with no notifications and they're still coming through so I think it's all part of the bug.

Cryssy Jane

This isn't the only forum having this issue. One of my car forums on the same platform is having the same issues. They were told that the ap developer sold the aps and it has been messed up since. I have no idea if that's what happened but its not only this forum.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
This isn't the only forum having this issue. One of my car forums on the same platform is having the same issues. They were told that the ap developer sold the aps and it has been messed up since. I have no idea if that's what happened but its not only this forum.

I met the app developer last year at a conference. He did sell his company to vBulletin, the makers of the forum sofware. That was in March of this year. As far as I know, the app developer still works with vBulletin to support the app.

I do know that back in May, Apple changed the way they allowed apps to issue notifications, so vBulletin released a new app version at that time. In addition, I know that iOS6 caused some issues as well. I do know app notifications were affected, but as far as I know, the widespread issues we are seeing now only started within the last week or so. It affects not only this version of the forum software, but also the latest version as well.

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2154

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2153

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2131

Cryssy Jane

Admin said:
I met the app developer last year at a conference. He did sell his company to vBulletin, the makers of the forum sofware. That was in March of this year. As far as I know, the app developer still works with vBulletin to support the app.

I do know that back in May, Apple changed the way they allowed apps to issue notifications, so vBulletin released a new app version at that time. In addition, I know that iOS6 caused some issues as well. I do know app notifications were affected, but as far as I know, the widespread issues we are seeing now only started within the last week or so. It affects not only this version of the forum software, but also the latest version as well.

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2154

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2153

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2131

Great information. Thanks for being awesome D and keeping us informed while the problem gets solved.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I did some googling on this this morning and it appears that other apps are having problems too. Gmail app users seem to have had the problem appear before we had it appear here.

Somebody on one of the threads I was reading this morning said it appears to be a conflict in where a notice is viewed. For example, you get a notification on your phone and then you read the message on your computer - even though the forum has updated the private message as read, the app still somehow thinks it's not read yet.

On that thread, some people had success by going in on the web platform, marking the affected messages as unread, and then going back in to their iphone app and viewing the messages on their phone.

I've just tried this with all of the PM's I was getting repeat notifications for. I'll update the thread later tonight once I know if it has permanently stopped the notifications or not. It's kind of a pain to fix, but if it did fix it, then it lets me have the app on my phone again.

eta: Disabling notifications doesn't stop them, and even logging out of the app doesn't stop the notifications. I had to delete the app to stop the notifications, and within minutes of it being reinstalled the first batch of notifications came through. I hadn't even logged in at that point...

eta again: The repeat notifications started again a couple hours ago. Looks like that trick isn't much of a fix after all.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Can you please send me an email to webmaster @ car - seat . org ?

I'll reply to it and see if it gets through.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Great information. Thanks for being awesome D and keeping us informed while the problem gets solved.

Developer reports that they attempted to disable Android notifications last night.

Also:

We’re currently working on both fixes for iOS6 and iPhone 5 and getting them though QA for verification. The issue with users receiving spam/delayed notifications is high on this list of issues to get resolved. We hope to have all of these issues resolved in the near future. We’re sorry for the slowness of the updates regarding these issues.

Please note that Hurricane Sandy may present issues in getting the updates out; Rob is located in an area affected by the storm.

On that note, we hope that everyone will be safe if you’re in the affected areas of the storm.

I hope this will be resolved soon, but honestly, updates that used to be done quickly before the developer sold his company to the forum software company now seem to take weeks or months:-(

http://www.forumrunner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2163

Cryssy Jane

Just wanted to report that it seems like this issue has been resolved. I'm not getting spaz blocks of notifications anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC