Decisions, decisions...new convertible or booster

goodkarma

Here are the details on my kids
4.5 mth old is between 25-50 % height and weight, 15.5 lbs, not sure on height, currently in infant bucket
2 yr old is approx 26lbs and not sure of height but runs around 50th%, currently RF'ing in Truefit that has another 3 yrs til expiry
3.5 yr old(4 in Nov) is 39lbs, not sure of height but running 90th% in height and weight, currently RF'ing in Radian rxt.
Have a Kia van.

The dilemma: baby can stay in bucket until 22lbs but isn't so happy riding in the car these days so I'd like to move him into the Truefit sooner.
Still having trouble deciding if we should get the 2 yr old a new seat or the 3.5 yr old a new seat(or maybe the baby a new seat? lol)

I like that the truefit has the harness height adjuster so we don't have to take it out to change it, also fits nicely behind a seat when the headrest is off(for baby). Don't like the strap adjuster as much, I usually end up pulling the straps tight from behind and then taking the slack out at front, digging for the button in front is annoying. It's also a nice roomy seat.

Like the radian for its ease of getting into due to low side profile, also that she can hang her legs over the side if she wants. Once again, tightening straps is a bit of a pain. Also having to rethread the harness.

With the sales as of late, thinking I should get on this and make a decision. I would prefer to leave the 3.5 yr old rf'ing a bit longer, even if just through next winter. So wondering if it's be best to buy a new seat for one of the two younger kids...another diono? myride? another truefit? something else? and then worry about boosters down the road...or buy the 3.5 yr old a booster now and pass the radian to one of the boys. If we go booster, have been looking at the securekid 300 or 400 or whatever it is lol but I like to "see" a seat before buying and bru doesn't have it in store. Any other suggestions from people who have been there, done that? TIA!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC