Question Cybex Onyx or Uppababy G Luxe

jordansmom

Anyone have any insight? Shopping for my cousin and her son (13 months, 28 lbs, 35 in) and we've narrowed it down to these two. Looking to replace Chicco Liteway which she hates, so umbrella style fold a must.

Know of any good deals? Please pass them along! Not picky on color, but little boy will be riding around in it! Also not opposed to buying used, craigslist in NJ or VA.

Thanks!

ADS

Kaitsmom

I tried an Onyx, I liked ut alot. The only deal I have found is at Bed Bath and Beyind, you can use their 20% off coupon and order it online.

Rosey

I cant speak for the onyx but I love my g-luxe. what I like better than my maclaren: stands when folded, easily removeable padded seat cover. Things I like less: the wheels seem less durable (by feel not by actual use), you have to adjust the calf support every time you unfold, the recline is a pull string mechanism.

Its a solid stroller with a small footprint, but it is tippy.

jordansmom

I cant speak for the onyx but I love my g-luxe. what I like better than my maclaren: stands when folded, easily removeable padded seat cover. Things I like less: the wheels seem less durable (by feel not by actual use), you have to adjust the calf support every time you unfold, the recline is a pull string mechanism.

Its a solid stroller with a small footprint, but it is tippy.

Hmmm...tried my DS1 out in the G-Luxe today and found the same thing with the leg rest when unfolding. Unfortunately that is one of the things my cousin dislikes about her current stroller.

Seems like she is leaning towards the Cybex Onyx so if anyone sees a good price or is selling a used one, please let me know! Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC