CPS horror at the grocery store....

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
In addition to having cards printed up, you can go to NHTSA and order several different items in other languages. I've ordered booster info in spanish and vietnamese for the families of children in my first grade class when we do our booster education unit. Depending on your state's resources, you may also be able to get many different hand outs in a variety of languages. There are several state websites that allow you to print PDFs of different flyers. Of course not everyone is receptive to help, but when you make an effort to help them in their native language you will be more successful than just calling the police on them. Many times they may get a warning or even a ticket but will still not get the education they need.

Sharlene
CPST and mom to Ben (5 3/4) in a Husky, Julianna (3) RF in a MA and Isabella (RF in a MA)

ADS
U

Unregistered

Hey I call 911 for cows in the road (they could cause a nasty accident on the twisty roads that I travel) so I wouldn't feel bad about calling if it coulf poptential save a child's life - maybe call the police and ask then for future reference. 911 usually patches me to the sheriff. I noticed when reading some states car seat laws that if you had more people then seating positioons then you could waive the car seat requirement - crazy me - I thought too many people means get a second car or make a second trip! How can this be acceptable. I must admit that my family once had an emergency and the only available vehicle was a pickup - we had three adults and a child in the car - but we used a car seat in the middle and two adults sharing one seat - my child was two precious to endanger by holding him (but it would have been so much more comfortable).

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
I have seen cars at Wal-mart full of a (nameless ethnic group) where it is literally like watching one of those 'clown cars' at the circus. I can NOT believe how many people they had riding in one vehicle! (and not one of thse 15 passenger vans, either, this was just a regular mini van. I counted at least 12 people!) They had babies AND adults sitting on laps! - It would be funny if it weren't so scary!

Actually the race I was referring to is not Hispanic at all...it's Asian....
I wanted to leave race out of it, which is why I said a 'nameless' ethnic group.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone!!! :-(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC