Could WE do a YouTube video?

LuvBug

start getting the information together, lets start with one project at a time. Start with rearfacing. Get photos, information, stats, percentages, recommendations, ect. Pick a cute song that will sound touching, that always helps.

ADS

SPJ&E

start getting the information together, lets start with one project at a time. Start with rearfacing. Get photos, information, stats, percentages, recommendations, ect. Pick a cute song that will sound touching, that always helps.

Yep, we need to get the RF stuff together first. We need to come up with a list and figure out where to post it or send it to. Do we want pictures of RF kids only in the car? Do we want pictures of infant seats to start with and work our way up in age? Do we want picture of only the seats installed first? Maybe show an infant seat correctly installed, then show a few babies buckled correctly in infant seats (with info in between slides). Then do a few pictures of a RF convertible installed correctly maybe...then show quite a few pictures of RF babies/toddlers (with their ages and sizes), working up in age/size and put the information in between pictures.

If it's possible, it would be great to get the RF vs. FF crash test clips in there too. And we definitely should keep the length down...some have slower computers and internet connections and some just get bored. The more we can appeal to, the better off we are! The current RF vs. FF video is about 3.5 minutes long.

Just throwing out ideas, lol!

Lea_Ontario

I'll help out how I can. Maybe offer up some photos ? Or would it be confusing with the Canada stickers on the sides of my seats ?

I've got a bulky snowsuit here - I should play with that to see just HOW different it makes the straps. I can take photos when I do. Make it a project for this weekend.

I do have the bundle-me, but it's too small for Bear now, and the photos I took while he was using it are low quality.

Stresch

I have a Bundle Me for a "toddler seat." We use it in the stroller. I could put it on the seat and take some pictures with and without.

Pawy

I could make and edit all the video if needed i just dont have acsess to all the right age ranges and different seats that would be needed. Unless we have more kids.. ohhh no 3 is enough...

skaterbabs

well, I have my crew in boosters and a MA/FP Futura, and my best friend would probably be willing to let us use her boys (Regent and Scenera.) There's no shortage of infants around here :rolleyes: lol and my boys pass the 5 Step Test in some vehicles.

Splash

I've got a RF 18 month old and a 40+ pound three year old in a Regent (must ask his mom's permission first) and an infant in a connection and a 24 pound FF 19 month old... no, let's not use her.
I've got Boulevards, Roundabout, Triumph, boosters, Regent, Titan.... I think that might be it! Could I have finally gotten rid of all the other seats? Woo hoo!

Anyone know the legality of techs being involved in this? I don't want anyone getting in trouble.

SPJ&E

I've got a RF almost 26-month old and a RF almost 10-month old. The seats we have...Britax Marathon, Britax Decathlon, Graco Snugride, Evenflo Triumph, and Cosco Scenera. I have TONS of pictures...but mostly in the Britax's, Snugride, and Scenera.

CrabbyBunchX3

My possible contributions...

18mth old DS RF in Safety 1st Intera(currently base off but can throw the base on if needed) and RF in Cosco Scenera

33mth old DD FF in Regent

Could possibly get a child to model the intera as a booster if need be.

Simplysomething

I'll help out how I can. Maybe offer up some photos ? Or would it be confusing with the Canada stickers on the sides of my seats ?

I don't think that the stickers would be confusing.

The idea of the carseat people making a video was floated after the rear-facing video, was that here? Or another board?

I definitely like the idea of a series of videos, rather than one long one, because...attention span...short. lol

Rear-facing has been done very well, I think, with that video (except I hated hated hated the song). So, I'm thinking, unless you wanted a series that matched...we wouldn't need to do that one, since it's been covered.

I think with the carseat harness vs snowsuit/thick winter coat ...one it would need video, not stills. To demonstrate exactly how loose the harness is. And then, pics of children, in VERY cold climates....in their carseats...NOT freezing due to lack of poofy coats.

I think a good one would be "whether to booster or not to booster" for kids age 3 to...say I dunno 8. For the three year olds, we'd have the section..."there are now higher weight limit seats that will get him to a safe age to be in a booster"...ditto 4...

For the 6 year olds, we show that there is still a higher weight limit harnessed seat that could work for them--but that a 6 year old could ride in a booster, and give pointers about how to chose one..etc.

Then have the 8 year old, and show that even though in many states he can legally be without a seat, he may still fit into a booster, and why this is the safer option. Actually, have that with all of them. Show that six year old sitting in just a seat belt and emphasize how poor the belt fits him, and what would be injured in an accident..etc

Too much info!

hsjwmom

I think there should still be another segment on rear-facing. The one we've all seen was terrific, but it really doesn't show the reality that an older child could be rear-facing to the limits of the seat. I think it would be great to show as wide a variety possible of kids that fit rfing. I always get a kick out of seeing the pics of Piper and older petite kids in their rfing seats. It really helps to see that the kids are obviously happy and comfy.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My possible contributions are:
5 yr old FF in Boulevard
3 1/2 yr old RF in Safety 1st Intera (on the base)
2 1/2 yr old RF in Wizard
Extra seats I could configure FF or RF:
Radian
Scenera
Triumph
Booster:
Cosco Protek (I think that's what its called - a very cheap high back booster - I got it for $15 about 3 yrs ago!)
I could also take the Intera off the base.
I have access to other kids, too, but wouldn't feel comfortable using them for something online.
I think we need to do a RF video to show older kids RF. That other video was only that one baby. I need to get a good picture of DD RF in her Intera before she's too big (she's 34 lbs now!)

honeybee03

My DD is 10 months old and 18lbs

I have a Boulevard and a Snugride.

I'm in Fargo so definitely cold climate here! I also have a Bundle Me and a poufy bunting thing that's made for carseats (its like a bag thing that has a slit for the crotch buckle) *they were given to me I don't actually use them!!*
and I could make a video demonstrating how much slack they create and/or do a "real life" demo out in the cold showing how to use a blanket/backwards coat to keep them warm AND safe :)

Dillipop

I could contribute a 6 month old, about 20 pounds, 28 inches in
-safeseat 1
-marathon
-radian
-titan

Or a 3 1/2 year old, 40 pounds, 40 inches in
-Cargo (harnessed or belt positioning)
-Husky
-Safeguard
-Radian
-Marathon

I also have the bundle me in both infant and toddler sizes.

mommy2jana

I could contribute pics of my 31 lb, 39 inch 3 yr old DD in her Marathon. I have pics RF and FF.

I think another RF video would be good....especially with pics of older kids who can still RF like my dd, and Piper, and I'm sure there's a few others.

:D

Simplysomething

I still think that we need to make one that for the 3-4 year olds who are taken out of harnessed seats.

Rear-facing to the limits of the seat is the safest practice, right? What are the stats on the safety, compared to be being forward facing at say, age 2?
I can't recall the stats, though I know they've been posted. Was it the one where it was something like 4%?

Now, compare that to the 3 year old in a bpb. I'd think that the 3 year old would be inherently less safe than the ff'ing toddler.

To the techs on the board, if a parent came to a seat check with a 2 year old, ff (one who is below the weight limit for rear-facing), and a 3 year old in a booster--Which one requires more immediate attention?

I'd think, the 3 year old in the booster. The most recent video dealt with a 3 year old in a booster, and then there was the imfamous Kyle video (I can't remember the age, 3 or 4? right?). Which tells me that many people think that boosters are the only option once a kiddo hits 40 lbs.

I'm not saying that an rear-facing video isn't a good idea, I just think that the topic has been covered--very well, already.

Or maybe I'd just like a video to send out that I could send to people that told of the dangers of boosters for too young children--that doesn't require a tissue warning.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I originally posted about this on the RF video link, but this one seems more appropriate...

I found some pics of Nolan that are excellent examples of what *not* to do... :(

1) coming home from hospital ;) too many clothes on - you can see that the strap is off his shoulder and they're way too loose... :(

2) eating a rib in the car: not only is the harness buckle undone but the rib could be very dangerous... :(

Wow. We really weren't thinking back then...:mad:

Allstrappedin.jpg

370885547_2aa9ac1117.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC