Cosco Apex 65 Lancer vs Blue?

ADS

my3girls

As far as I know the cushy padding is the same for both those, the BEST thing to look for in an Apex is the EPS/EPP foam in the headrest area, not all of them have it. It seems like the only one with it is the "Biltmore" version: http://www.specialtybaby.com/sa1stsibiboc.html although.... they don't bother to mention it in that description. You could try calling Dorel (that makes Cosco and Safety 1st) and ask if all Biltmores will have EPS or EPP foam - 1-800-207-8182 or they probably have a contact page at www.djgusa.com Good luck!
p.s. - your friend has tall enough seat backs or headrests for the Apex, right? Full support behind the seat is REQUIRED! Scan from the Apex manual: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/m3glaura/car seats/100_1643.jpg

scatterbunny

I do think the Modern Blue version has more padding. At least, the Lancer I saw last year had NO padding except for the removeable insert, and the Modern Blue I saw last month had good padding in the seating area even without the removeable insert. Maybe they started adding more padding to all versions of this seat recently, I can't say for sure.

my3girls

You're probably right, Jenny. I've never seen the modern blue in person, glad you can give another (better) opinion! LOL! I find it weird NONE of the descriptions (I did froogle.google for awhile last night before posting) mention EPS or EPP foam, not even Dorel's website. To me the availability of foam in the head are is HUGE!!!

bbygrl99

Thank you all for your help, she knows I am obsessed after finding this website so she wanted to get the best seat.. I am still researching to find which one is safest... thank you all!

scatterbunny

For quite awhile Dorel fought the EPS/EPP movement. They didn't think it was cost-effective or worthwhile. :rolleyes: But they finally jumped on the bandwagon with the Apex and Uptown. I don't know that ALL versions of the Apex have EPP foam, but I know the brown Eddie Bauer version does, and the Modern Blue Safety 1st version does. Hopefully others who've checked out the other versions recently can comment on those!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC