Cosco Altura or Baby Trend Trendsport Lite?

jnh896

Hello,

Does anyone have any real world experience with either of these strollers? I know they are cheapies...but they are the only ones I can find that seem to meet all my needs. Which is both a good turning radius and, oddly enough, a child tray/cup holder and a parent cup holder that is solid and will hold fountain drinks (not just water or soda bottles.) I do not jog, nor do we stroll on rugged terrain. I am mainly using it for shopping and errands here in suburbia. DD just does better with snacks and I do better with my iced tea. :) I have a small umbrella stroller for quick trips into a store, but it doesn't work for longer ventures.

I have had a Graco Passage travel system since DD was born. I do not mind the weight, the bulk of it, or how it folds, but it does not turn well at all. Now that DD is a toddler I am going to wrench my back. So I am looking for something that turns well, and of course lighter weight would be a bonus. The Altura is 20 lbs. and the Trendsport is 12 lbs. Please note that DD weighs 27 lbs and is only 18 months.

But, I want to know how well they turn before I put them together and can't return them.

The Maclarens and Zooper Twist are out because of the tray/cup situation. I also looked at the Peg Perego Aria, but all the reviews said the parent cup holder falls off. I am not necessarily looking for cheap although I won't be buying a Bugaboo.

Does anyone have any insight or other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
ADS

mominabigtruck

If you're looking for a cheapie type stroller I would get a kolcraft before I got the other two. I've just never met a cosco stroller that I've liked, I think they're not that great of quality and fold really big.

BW1426

If you're willing to spend more for something nicer that has the things you want, how about a Kolcraft countours? The people on here that have them seem to really like them.

USmominOz

I had the baby trend and I really liked it, but once ds got to about 35lbs it was a bit hard to push. But it had a great big basket:D.
It does have 2 positions, upright and a slight recline. It does turn great!

I got this because the airlines lost our luggage and I need a stroller for the zoo, I even brought it back to Au w/ me.

My friend loved hers too.

This is the one that I had, I did keep the tray which fits my Maclaren.

I had a Aria and got rid of it, I felt that it was a bit loose when you tried to turn it, it did not feel solid. I liked the Baby trend over this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Trendsport-Lite-Stroller/dp/B0006843JK

Good luck!

Last edited:

canadiangie

Chicco Trevi with a Valco add-on cupholder for your iced tea?

And keep in mind that all strollers ($10 or $1000) need to have their wheels lubed every so often. I do mine once a month and it makes such a huge difference in steering. I use a garage door lubricant instead of WD40 because it's even more water resistant IMO. I'm in Canada so snow, rain, mud, slush, my strollers see it all.

I think I'd actually lube your Passage wheels and see if it makes a difference. You never know...

I know at one point I was ready to leave my P3 on the curb and never look back, but I sprayed the heck out of it, left it sit overnight, and voila, better than ever. :thumbsup:

hth's

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC