Convertible recommendation - 2 month old

SammyStamper

I think I have read too much information as my head is spinning. My trip to BuyBuyBaby didn't help either.

My son is 10 weeks old, 12.5 lbs and 24 inches (60th percentile). We currently have a Keyfit which he hates so I wear him. I'm returning to work and moving my base to the grandparents car as my husband is doing drop off/ pick up.

I drive a 2013 RDX (equivalent to a CRV).

I would prefer to get it a BuyBuy as I have gift cards. Price doesn't matter. I just want something easy to use.

I appreciate all your help.

ADS

Jan06twinmom

I had to look at the Buy Buy Baby website to see what options they have that I would recommend. Some suggestions:

Diono Radian
First Years True Fit (only rf to 35lbs though)
Safety First Complete Air
Graco MyRide
Graco Size4Me

If you decide you are really interested in the Britax seats, that's definitely an option too. I think that there are better seats that provide children more legroom, last longer and cost less money.

If you are okay with a seat that is going to last a shorter amount of time, you might also check out the Combi Coccoro.

Kegracin

If you decide you are really interested in the Britax seats, that's definitely an option too. I think that there are better seats that provide children more legroom, last longer and cost less money.

I agree with this but i wanted to comment that my ds who was on similar curve on the growth chart was able to RF in the MA70 at 3. He also hated the Keyfit however did okay in the MA70. (We have one because of space issue we had with two rfers and a tall DH, I loved that seat its currently in my BIL's truck fixing his space issue)

Jan06twinmom gave you a nice list of seats and I think there are reviews on all of them on carseatblog.com and I think most all the BBB will let you try them out in your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC