Convertible Car Seat

U

Unregistered

Hi - I'm hoping for some help deciding on a convertible car seat. My daughter is 9.5 months, 27.5 inches and 15.3 oz. I know we don't need it yet, but I plan on getting it in the next few months.

I am leaning towards the Britax Marathon CT for the easy installation but am concerned it's not the best for air travel. Originally, I wanted the Advocate for the SICT but it just seems too wide and might be difficult in the future with multiple car seats. Right now we only have one daughter and drive an 07 Acura TL BUT will be getting a Toyota 4Runner soon and also a Toyota Camry (work vehicle). We are also planning on having 1 or 2 more kids. The infant seat we have is a Britax B Safe.

My main priority is that the seat is easy to install (with a seatbelt) in multiple cars - which is why I love the new Britax CT. I am also looking for: keeping rear facing as long as I can, SAFE, washable/wipeable fabric, fit next to future car seats, comfortable, cup holder (maybe that's silly. . ), easy to adjust harness. We will be using the car seat in multiple vehicles and for air travel.

I'm overwhelmed because I find pros and cons to every seat!

Do you think the marathon CT is a good seat. . .or should I consider another one? Buy Buy Baby was really pushing the Recaro which I ruled out since it doesn't seem to last RF long. I am going to get one of the wheely things to help carry it through the airport, but the marathon is still pretty heavy. I saw the Diono Radian talked about a lot on this site but they don't have it at my local store to check out in person.

SORRY this is so long!!

Thanks so much!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A ClickTight sounds good for you. A Marathon would be quite nice.

You could also do a lightweight seat for travel so you don't have to lug around a heavy seat, even on wheels (definitely get wheels for whatever you get).

Otherwise the Chicco NextFit, Graco 4Ever, Graco Contender, Graco Headwise/My Size/Fit4Me/Size4Me are all pretty easy to install with the seatbelt. A Britax G4 would also work. I agree that in a three across situation I'd avoid the Advocates.

All seats are safe, so you don't need to worry there.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC