Question convertible car seat- skinny

U

Unregistered

Hi.
What convertible car seat would you recommend for a child that is on the thin side? Our daughter is 27 inches tall and 16.5 pounds at 9 months. She outgrows her peg perego infant seat at 30 inches, so it's time I start looking. Many of my friends love their britax seats. I drive a chevy equinox, so space isn't a huge issue. One of my friends said that britax is the only one with a metal frame- not sure on the validity of that statement.

Thanks!

-EM

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Em.

There are several seats with metal frames. Britax, Diono, Clek, and I know others that I'm just not thinking of at the moment. There's no research showing metal is better, though it seems to be where many are heading.

Britaxes are shorter than many others. They get kids to about a 3T rear facing. If that is enough for you then it's an option. If you'd like to rear face longer I'd look at the Graco Size4Me/Headwise/My Size/Fit4Me, Graco Contender, Chicco NextFit, Clek Foonf, Diono Radians with angle adjuster. They're all taller than a Britax rear and forward facing.

What year Equinox do you have, and right now is your Peg installed on the side or in the middle, and with LATCH or the seatbelt?

Wendy

1mommy

Hi and welcome! Are their any other safety or convenance features you want in a seat, like a no-rethread harness or anti-rebound? If you ever plan on traveling with her you might want a lightweight seat. These are all thing that are good to think about and figure out what you want out of the seat. Also do you have a budget?

U

Unregistered

I have a 2011 Equinox and the Peg infant is installed on the side with latch. This is my first baby, so I don't know what features I really want yet in a convertible seat. Safety is #1. I liked the peg because of the side impact features. Budget isn't a major factor, but is a consideration. I don't trust airlines with baggage or seats, so I will be buying a lightweight, cheaper "travel seat" when the need arrives. thanks

EM

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC