Convertible car seat for 1 month old?

#1babysitter

Which convertible car seats fit babies the best? Baby is 1.5 months old and about 13-14 pounds. Mainly concerned about the lowest harness slot being low enough for him to fit.

ADS

scoutingbear

What is your budget? What vehicle will this seat be going in to? The answers to these questions will help to recommend seats that will work best in your situation.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Do you want a seat that will last him a long time or are you wanting a seat that will just last for a little while?

If you aren't wanting a "long-term" seat, the Coccoro fits young babies quite well. It is also easy to fit in most vehicles and is adorable! :D [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-8220105A-Coccoro-Harness-Licorice/dp/B00IL5IN78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407385630&sr=8-1&keywords=combi+coccoro"]Amazon.com : Combi Coccoro Harness, Licorice : Baby[/ame]

henrietta

Do you want a seat that will last him a long time or are you wanting a seat that will just last for a little while?

If you aren't wanting a "long-term" seat, the Coccoro fits young babies quite well. It is also easy to fit in most vehicles and is adorable! :D Amazon.com : Combi Coccoro Harness, Licorice : Baby

Cocorro is great when it's needed, but personally, it's very much a love it or hate it seat. I wouldn't go with a Cocorro unless you really need a tiny seat for a tight three across. It can be a royal pain to install. Some people love it and think the install is fine. That hasn't been my experience with it. It's my almost 9 month old dd's only seat and has been since birth.

Obviously, the Scenera or the Tribute and probably the SureRide would work. An Evenflo Triumph or Symphony. Graco My Ride or Size 4 Me both work from newborn size. (-;

#1babysitter

It's for a friend she asked me advice on what to get. I would say a budget of about $100 but that could change depending on how long it will last him. Something that can keep him RF for the longest would be best too although I highly doubt she will keep him RF till 2, yet longer. Seat is going in a Chevy Impala.

Was thinking the Sureride might work. Baby already looks like he is taking after dad who is 6'7''!

henrietta

It's for a friend she asked me advice on what to get. I would say a budget of about $100 but that could change depending on how long it will last him. Something that can keep him RF for the longest would be best too although I highly doubt she will keep him RF till 2, yet longer. Seat is going in a Chevy Impala.

Was thinking the Sureride might work. Baby already looks like he is taking after dad who is 6'7''!

If they can up the budget to about $175 or so, they could get the Graco Size 4 Me 70 (goes by a few different names & can be found on sale for around that price, some models may be less). It's nice for a newborn, nice recline, nice size....lasts as long or longer than any other seat rear facing (which is great even if they turn him before 3 years old, b/c baby may be really tall since Dad is), and it doesn't take up a massive amount of front to back or side to side space (crucial when installing in a car with a 6'7" driver!). A Chevy Impala should have a good amount of room for car seats, too.;)

The Evenflo Sureride will last longer forward facing than the Size4Me, but may be a bit bulkier when installed rear facing. Heard it fits a newborn, too.

Graco My Ride often goes on sale for $120 or so. Fits a newborn, lasts awhile rear facing, but can take up quite a bit of room front to back.

hths

#1babysitter

If they can up the budget to about $175 or so, they could get the Graco Size 4 Me 70 (goes by a few different names & can be found on sale for around that price, some models may be less). It's nice for a newborn, nice recline, nice size....lasts as long or longer than any other seat rear facing (which is great even if they turn him before 3 years old, b/c baby may be really tall since Dad is), and it doesn't take up a massive amount of front to back or side to side space (crucial when installing in a car with a 6'7" driver!). A Chevy Impala should have a good amount of room for car seats, too.;)

The Evenflo Sureride will last longer forward facing than the Size4Me, but may be a bit bulkier when installed rear facing. Heard it fits a newborn, too.

Graco My Ride often goes on sale for $120 or so. Fits a newborn, lasts awhile rear facing, but can take up quite a bit of room front to back.

hths

Was thinking of the MySize too but HIGHLY doubt she wants to spend that much. Dad doesn't drive this is mom's car and baby is in the middle so if the seat is narrow enough it can fit RF between the front seats. A fam I used to work for asked me if I wanted a Boulevard 55 their son just outgrew and would sell it to me for a great price so was thinking of telling her about it but the problem I have with that is that whatever seat she buys now she's going to want to last along time so if he outgrows it RF at 1 or 1.5 she's not going to buy a new seat to keep him RF for longer she will just turn him forward. How do you recline a Radian for a newborn? The same fam just let me know they also have a Radian XTSL they no longer need which would last him a lot longer, especially RF'ing. I've never used a Radian for a newborn just older toddlers so I'm not sure how to get a deep enough recline for a newborn. Also do you think the install on it would be too difficult for someone that knows nothing about car seats? Just worried she might not be able to get it tight enough and still just go with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC