Convertable...again

NewEngland

So, I posted a few days ago about needing a Convertable seat. At the time I was looking at the Nextfit, Truefit, and Pria. Well, I was unimpressed with the feel of the covers on the Nextfit and Pria. DS has a Truefit and I really like the microsuade cover. Are there any Convertables that RF to 40 lbs and have the same type of cover? DD is 4.5 months, a little under 15 lbs, and 24.5" long. Car is a 2011 Subaru Outback. Since I only have to buy one right now, budget is unlimited, but it needs to last (none of this 14" top harness slot shenanigans, preference is 17"). And I'd rather get her a new seat and let DS keep his current seat.

Honestly, all I want is a carseat that RF to 40 lbs, has good padding and a nice, soft cover, and has a boatload of legroom and a smooth pull harness. Is that too much to ask? :p Apparently I need a TF that RF to 40 lbs.

ADS

CuddlyMonsters

Have you looked at the Peg Convertible it has a nice plush fabric and we have had no issues with our harness it is a no re-thread harness. It does RF to 45lbs....

mom of six

RADIAN!!!!!

The only feature that is lacking is the smooth pull harness. Interestingly, it is the R100 (least expensive ones) that have the suede like covers. Very durable and soft. Tons of leg room. RF to 40 lbs

CuddlyMonsters

RADIAN!!!!!

The only feature that is lacking is the smooth pull harness. Interestingly, it is the R100 (least expensive ones) that have the suede like covers. Very durable and soft. Tons of leg room. RF to 40 lbs

We own a Radian in the Purple color and the cover is nice and soft. The harness on this is tug, tug, tug (which my DH hates). Here is what we like/dislike about it in a nutshell...

+ Can RF up to 45lbs
+ Low profile making it easy for the kiddo to climb in and out.
+ Folds up easily for travel (but it is heavy, which is a minus).
+ Is very slim fitting, so you can easily fit 3 across in a vehicle if needed.

- Is heavy making it a pain to install/uninstall.
- My DH is tall 6ft and drives with the seat all the way back, the Radian takes up too much front to back space (but you could try the angle adjuster).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC