Comparison pics between SS1 and KF30

Blondie87

Comparison pics between SS1 and KF30- *Update*- How much time?

Not sure if someone's done this before.. but I thought I'd show a comparison between the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Graco Safeseat 1.

A is 15 lbs and 28 inches. I don't have her torso height yet.

lexakf.jpg
lexass.jpg

It actually doesn't seem like MUCH of a difference... I thought she'd have ALOT more room in the SS1!

If anyone wants any other pics, let me know! :)

Last edited:
ADS

Spam

Yeah, not as much difference as one would think. Is that the Mia ss1? I :love: that cover.

christineka

I sat my 27 month old ds in both seats and didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe an inch more in the ss1. Ds is 19 inches from bum to head. This is why I do not need height when it comes to car seats!

Blondie87

So with this particular kiddo, do you have a preference of one seat over the other?

She HATES convertibles. She is a much happier rider in an infant seat. It's crazy. I still :love: my keyfit the most. But I'm using the SS1 right now so I can preserve my keyfit for tiny babies and our future baby. Also I love the sun canopy on the SS1.. It actually blocks the sun, which is great since it's summer!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yeah, but it doesn't take much extra room to equal a longer life span. I think Ilana would've been out of the KF30 right at 12 mos just guessing when I tried it at about 15 mos. She could've used the SS1 till 18 mos.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I wasn't clever enough to photoshop mine (to make them look next to each other for a better comparison, heck, I can't even post a picture here, lol), but Leah at 8 months was at the top slots in the KF, middle slots in the SS1, and no, there wasn't a huge amount of space above her head in the SS1, but it did last about 7 months longer (sloooow torso growth at age 1, I guess?) http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#4982071929289179154 (and click the arrow above the pic to see her in the other seat next to it).

Yeah, the canopy on the SS1 is SO much better :thumbsup:

Momof4Girls

My 3.25 y/o, a couple of months ago (right around her 3rd bday) was right at the shell of the KF, and still had room in the SS1. I'll go poke around and see if I took pics at that time...I think I did, but I could be misremembering!

ETA Pics...

this is my 3 y/o in a SS1....Shell over her head. She is right at the 1" of shell left, it looks like. This is *not* installed on the test bench at BRU, just sitting there.

IMG_0498.jpg

baseless install on a test bench, I believe it's also a SS1 (for some reason, I didn't make note of which they were in the photobucket!), looks like a Graco anyway.

IMG_0507-1.jpg

Just for comparison, her regular "ride"...a MCP RF in a Dodge Sprinter.

IMG_0879-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC