comfortable HBB?

parker10302

Hi there ladies!
I'm hoping you can point us in the direction of a comfortable HBB. My DD is in 3rd grade and has become a little self-conscious of her Frontier and 5pt harness. She asked to be moved into a "regular" booster. We have the Britax Parkway SG in Daddy's car, and she doesn't like how straight up and down it sits her.

Is there anything that would be less "car seat" like, but still have a bit of a recline similar to the Frontier while in harness mode?

Thank you!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My daughter's in 3rd grade, too, and she rides in a Clek Oobr in my car. It's pricey, but it has a nice recline feature when used with LATCH (if you have LATCH in your vehicle). Some kids find it doesn't provide enough leg support, but my DD hasn't had that issue. I think it looks a little less "car seat" like than some other seats. :)

The Compass B570 looks like it has a decent amount of recline as well, though I don't think it's very tall compared to some other boosters.

Some other boosters to look into (because maybe it's just a matter of finding a comfy one) would be the Graco Turbobooster, the Diono Monterey (if you have head support from the vehicle), and the Recaro ProBooster (though some parents find it's tippy in the vehicles; there's an updated Performance Booster model coming out next month, I think).

If you wanted to share your daughter's weight and torso height and your budget & the vehicle the booster is going in, there might be some specific recommendations that would work for your situation, too. :)

parker10302

Thank you for the response. :)

My DD2, 8 years old, is 54lbs, 52" tall and her torso is 18". She is currently in the third row center seat. There is no latch there, her Frontier is long-belted.

-DD1, 11 years old, in second row passenger(she is 59lbs, 55" tall, torso of 20"). She's currently in a low back booster, but is now embarrassed to be in it.

-DD3, 10 months old, is second row behind driver in her Britax B-safe, she's tiny, but hates her seat, so we're moving her to the Peg convertible, which seemed to fit her best.

We have a 2012 Sequoia. There's latch in all second row positions, but none in the third row, which is so disappointing. I could trade DD2 whith DD1, putting DD2 in a latched high back in the second row, passenger outboard. But then that means that DD1, whom I feel is less protected being in a low-back, is closer to the rear of the vehicle. Maybe my worries are unfounded?

Budget wise, less expensive is great, however if what works best is more expensive, I'll get it without thinking twice. DD2 also dislikes the Turbo-booster in grandma's car as it also sits too upright.

Thank you for reading my novel and for any other suggestions you have for re-configuring the girlies, and finding something comfy and "not embarrassing"!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC