Question Combi Coccoro RF in 2006 Subaru Impreza

U

Unregistered

I bought a Combi Coccoro for my 12 month old since he has outgrown his bucket seat. I have a 2006 Subaru Impreza wagon, which has a small back seat.

The Coccoro fits well behind the front passenger seat, but we can't find a place to secure the tether attachment strap. So the carseat is very wobbly from side to side and does not seem safe.

Does anyone know if there is a tether attachment in a 2006 Subaru Impreza wagon?

Thanks.
Julia

ADS

soph's mom

Is it wobbly in the belt path or at the top? If there's less than an inch of movement in the belt path you can have some at the top of the seat...

Eta- reread the title and answered my own stupid question...

Last edited:

zwizh

Have you met with a CPST? We were able to get an extremely secure tetherless install with our Coccoro. (Different car, of course, though.)

Also, is your baby extremely short? The Coccoro has a very short shell, so average-to-tall babies outgrow it quickly. I had no idea my daughter would be on the tall side or I would have bought a different seat. (She's 75% for height and has only a couple of inches left before we'll need a different seat. Thankfully we've been using it since birth, so I don't feel like it was a waste of money.) I don't think I would recommend it for a 12 month old, though, unless they're a really tiny baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC