Combi Coccoro Installation

mommy2elliebean13

We received our Combi Coccoro today and my husband and I installed it. I was actually quite confused by the manual and have a few questions.

First off, we are installing it in the center of our 2012 Honda Civic with the seatbelt (no LATCH there). I tried the european routing of the belt and didn't like it because it is hard to get baby in and out.

So, the manual says that you can install it using the lap belt only.

The first time I installed it I fed only the lap belt through and the shoulder belt was flush against the seat. I then couldn't decide whether the shoulder belt needed to be fed through with the lap belt? I installed it that way and the car seat tilted towards one side slightly. Which way is the right way? I can't discern from the manual.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When you install with a lap/shoulder belt without doing the Euro routing, you leave the shoulder belt out to sit against the seat cushion. You also may prevent tilting by using the blue lockoff that comes with the seat, rather than locking the belt with the in-built locking mechanism.

mommy2elliebean13

Oh perfect...thank you! Are all car seats meant to do that when rear facing? I am starting to wonder if I had our nephew's maxi cosi priori installed wrong rear facing. I have that one installed with both the lap and shoulder belt fed through.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, this one is pretty unique in that regard- the Coccoro installs more like a baseless infant seat when rear-facing than a typical convertible. :)

jordansmom

I know your original question was already answered, but also wanted to recommend you check the lap belt part of your install again...it's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like it might be twisted? Major love for the CCO in our house! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC