Combi Coccoro for 13 mth old?

meredith1851

I have seen several posts here that the combi coccoro is a good seat to travel with as well as to use in a secondary vehicle like a sitter's car. My DS is 13 mths and almost 30 inches. I bought the Evenflo Titan elite and had to return it because he was in the 3rd harness slot and the manual said only the bottom 2 slots could be used RF. I don't want to run into that situation again if I buy the CC. My DS does not appear to me to have a long torso....does anyone know if it should fit him RF?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There are 13-month-olds who have outgrown it, but that's very rare. I'd say the average age to outgrow it rear-facing is 2.

MommyofThree

My daughter is approx 24 lbs and 33 inches tall at 2 and half years old and she still fits good in the combi coccoro. It is a great car seat for compact cars or for moving from car to car sense it is very light weight.

Pixels

Page 27 of the online Titan manual says that the bottom three slots can be used RFing. Only the top slots can't be used RFing. Is your manual different?

Top slots are FFing only (no RFing). The third slots can be used for RFing or FFing. The bottom two slots are RFing only (no FFing).

meredith1851

Ugh..I was just about to return it when I saw your post about pg 27 and you are right!!! Thanks so much!
He is slightly above the 3rd harness slot. Does that mean that I wont be able to keep him RF very long if I decide to keep the seat? I noticed the twisty strap thing too.....not a fan of that....

Pixels

There is no prohibition on using the seat RFing with the shoulders above the top slots. You would just leave the harness in the third slots, which are still "at or below" the shoulders.

How much room does he have between the top of his head and the top of the seat? The Titan is outgrown at 35 pounds or when the top of the head is within one inch of the top of the seat, whichever happens first.

meredith1851

He has PLENTY of room till his head is close the top of the shell. I did have one other question though. From the manual, it says the recline thing under the seat HAS to be used in the RF position for infants BUT I am unclear if it HAS to be in the recline position for a toddler RF. It does not really specify that. Does anyone know if I have to use that...especially if I want him a little more upright since he is 13 mths now and does not need that much recline?

meredith1851

Thanks again for all your help. I do take back what I said about him having plenty of head room though. I just put him in it and he does have a large head..LOL. The top of his head is about 3 inches from the tippity top part of the shell which I am assuming means I really only get 2 more inches out of this seat and that he might not last long in this seat? If that is the case, I will return as I wanted to get 2 years out of it and if he only has 2 inches till he can't be in it anymore then.......:p Thoughts?

todzwife

Are you looking for a seat for travel? Have you looked at the Sceneras? I would skip the CCO if your child is that big...DD is 21 months, 22 pounds and about 32 inches tall and has about 2" above her head if she sits up straight. If she slouches, she has more. (in the CCO)

meredith1851

Yes; I was looking for a middle of the road car seat to travel with but also wanted something for my sitters car. The Scenera seemed hard as a rock to me and I was looking for some more padding and foam for protection. I have a Britax Marathan 70 in my car.

rxmommy

I like the original Roundabout 40 better than the CCO, it's a much easier install for me because of the base.

The RA50 from Target might be something to consider then. Cheaper than a CCO if you can find it on sale. Incredibly easy to install. I love my RA40, too, but it will expire in May. :( And it's not at all a tall seat (very similar in size to the CCO).

meredith1851

I did not know there was a RA40...I have only seen the old RA50's at Target and now I have seen the new RA55 at babiesrus. Is the RA 40 and RA55 the same size? Is it padded? Thanks~:)

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The 40# original RA and the RA55 are not the same size. The RA55 is taller than the original 40# RA, but shorter than the RA50.

rxmommy

I did not know there was a RA40...I have only seen the old RA50's at Target and now I have seen the new RA55 at babiesrus. Is the RA 40 and RA55 the same size? Is it padded? Thanks~:)

The RA40 is no longer made. Their website says they were retired in 8/10, but I haven't seen any of them for sale (like in swap or used or something) for a loooooong time. One of my favorite seats ever for ease of use and install, but very very short. My oldest outgrew it FF before age 3.

meredith1851

Would it be safe to assume that since he only had a few inches to the top of the shell of the Titan Elite that it would be the same problem if I bought the Onside Air by Safety 1st? The 2 seats seem like they have smilar dimesions....

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If he's close to the top of the Titan, he's close to the top of the Onside Air, too. The OnSide Air is the size of the Scenera, but because of the extra padding and air protect feature it tends to be outgrown by height sooner than the Scenera.

mommyfrog

Two inches of torso room is more than two inches overall though. His legs will grow as well as his torso and he will start sprouting some longer legs here pretty soon. So the Titan should last longer than you think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC