Combi Coccoro discontinued?

natysr

I have tried a coccoro rear facing in the 8th seat of the 2013 Sienna. In theory it should work but I could not get it tight. If I ever find my Combi locking clip I will be happy to try again with it. (The locking clip shows up in random locations. Like my sock drawer every once in a while.)

Do you want a 2nd Coccoro? With the locking clip and the Combi snap-n-go type stroller?

I can bring it with us in August.

ADS

thekatie

I emailed customer service and they said there is a grape fabric coming in the fall! Sorry, @jwilliams!!
More and more I feel I need to convince DH we need a 3rd child, so I can have a CCO again... Well, and because I love kids and want more ;) but the lure of a CCO can't be ignored...

jwilliams

I emailed customer service and they said there is a grape fabric coming in the fall! Sorry, @jwilliams!!

Noooooo! Now I have to start asking myself things like "how much longer do I really think they have in these seats?" and "would the cover be worth buying to use for a couple of months?"

A fourth kid is not going to happen. *shudder*

LC2003

Lol you all are funny. I understand wanting more babies for the fun of buying for them!! I love having excuses to buy new seats, too.

Brigala

CPST Instructor

Anybody know whether this will fit the OLD Coccoro? I have one from *just* before they went down to 3 lbs in the first place. And it will probably be the primary seat in one of my vehicles soon. I love my Licorice cover but... grape... how can you resist grape?

bnsnyde

OK...so, if we had another child I decided that the only way to possibly do so is put a Coccoro in the back. There would be 6 carseats. I think it'd fit and be ideal fit for a little baby. They tend to be 8-9 lbs. so I think we're OK there.

So what is going on with Cocorro?

Do I need to buy one now? I really don't want to. I'd need it maybe end of 2015...

Will they still be sold?

littleangelfire

I can't imagine that it (Cocorro) wouldn't go in tightly in the plus one of a 2011 or newer Ody. I managed to get mine in my 2009 Ody. It wasn't easy. Took lots of tries. Had to change out the pool noodle I was trying to use and install a few different times, but I got it in. It's still reasonably tight over 2 weeks later, even after a long road trip. I like the install to be a bit tighter than it is, but it doesn't move more than 1/2 inch or so. I used the Euro routing and I top tethered after I got it in tightly.

All that said, I have a total love/hate relationship with the Cocorro. It's the seat I want to love, but absolutely hate installing. And I can do really well with installs. Never had as much trouble as with this seat...I felt similarly about installing the Cosco AOE's rear facing. I love that seat, but rear facing installs stunk in lots of vehicles. When the Cocorro installs well, it really installs well. When it doesn't, it's a PITA. LOL

hths

Thank heaven I'm not th eonly one. In theory I love this seat. We drive small cars: Toyota Corolla and NIssan Versa, and frequently need to fit 3 people in the backseat, 1 in booster, 1 in car seat, then one in seatbelt. But oh the pain in the butt. In BOTH cars, so I can't even blame just the car model. Two completely diffrent back seats and both were a huge PITA to install it in. That Euro routing everyohe loves? I can't understand why b/c in both our cars it makes the seat completely unstable, it won't stay tight that way. The shoulder belt around the back of it literally pulls the seat towards the back of the vehicle undoing a perfectly good installation. And their instructions are horrible, added to the fact there's apparently several misprints in the manual. And then my next point below.

OK...so, if we had another child I decided that the only way to possibly do so is put a Coccoro in the back. There would be 6 carseats. I think it'd fit and be ideal fit for a little baby. They tend to be 8-9 lbs. so I think we're OK there.

Do I need to buy one now? I really don't want to. I'd need it maybe end of 2015...

Will they still be sold?

This is a horrible fit on my baby. He's over 10lbs now, was 6lbs 9oz at birth, he should've been a perfect fit. Not. The stupid wedge they use for babies made his head slump awful. They need a normal baby insert and then install the seat to the usual recline. The system they have now isn't an awesome one, I've read a few threads on here and I'm not the only one who's had issues with it fitting a little baby, It actually knocks their head forward more than it should. I tried him in a couple other seats at Wal-mart the other day and he looked much better. So now after buying an expensive stinking seat I'm borrowing a friend's Keyfit for the next couple months b/c at 3 months old he STILL doesn't fit it well.

LC2003

Will they still be sold?

It's not discontinued. Some 3rd party sites said that because there are new covers coming in the fall. That's all the customer service guy said. I don't know if it will still be around in 15 months.

LC2003

I'm pretty sure the Roundabout has higher RF weight and height ratings than Coccoro, which is pretty compact. The Roundabout isn't as narrow as Coccoro, but like the Coccoro it doesn't take up nearly as much front-to-back space as many other convertibles with higher ratings. It's also reasonably priced and tends to be a bit easier to install than Coccoro. The Coccoro will likely have an advantage in 3-across installs and if you plan to use it for a preemie (3 lb. minimum version) or newborn. The Roundabout won't fit a preemie and requires an optional insert to fit a typical newborn.

Amazon.com : Britax Roundabout G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby

Amazon.com : Combi Coccoro Car Seat, Licorice : Baby

I just realized something - last time I had a Roundabout, it was 8 years ago and the weight limit was only about 20/40. That's why I was comparing the Coccoro to that.

scoutingbear

Do you want a 2nd Coccoro? With the locking clip and the Combi snap-n-go type stroller?

I can bring it with us in August.

Yes!!!! Yours may even be a more recent DOM than mine and I used that seat until outgrown. And I can mix and match covers and not have to buy a babysitter seat right away. So many advantages! And the stroller? Ah, school pick up made easy.

As far as center in the Sienna,
Yes, I tried Euro Routing but it didn't help. Not quite enough belt IMO. Lockig clip still MIA but our entire upstairs is moving into boxes so it is bound to be found. Otherwise after the first week of August I will have one.

LC2003

As far as center in the Sienna,
Yes, I tried Euro Routing but it didn't help. Not quite enough belt IMO. Lockig clip still MIA but our entire upstairs is moving into boxes so it is bound to be found. Otherwise after the first week of August I will have one.

Thanks so much! If I can keep one captains chair open with five kids in the car, that would really be great!

natysr

Yes!!!! Yours may even be a more recent DOM than mine and I used that seat until outgrown. And I can mix and match covers and not have to buy a babysitter seat right away. So many advantages! And the stroller? Ah, school pick up made easy.

It's yours! I think I even remember where I stashed the infant insert. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC