Coats for the Car Seat

melniemi

I've used Gap and Gymboree primaloft jackets. Both are warm enough for car use. My son also wore them out to play if it was -10 or warmer. Under that, he'd wear a fleece hoodie with a Columbia coat over. This year he has a north face fleece for the car.

ADS

Holly

My older son had one of the Snozu down coats about two years ago and we loved it. I bought one in 18 months for the baby this year and the sleeves were fine but the middle felt too thick. I tried him in the car seat with it and when I buckled him back in after taking the coat off, the harness was too loose. I returned the coat and got a 3 in 1 coat from Amazon. I always got those for my other kids when they were toddlers. A seller on Amazon had one of the Walmart ones on there still brand new for only $13 and free shipping. He'll wear the inner jacket in his seat and both jackets together for playing outside this winter. The Amazon seller had quite a few other 3 in 1 coats for cheap, the seller's name is Jokerkids.

cookie123

My older son had one of the Snozu down coats about two years ago and we loved it. I bought one in 18 months for the baby this year and the sleeves were fine but the middle felt too thick. I tried him in the car seat with it and when I buckled him back in after taking the coat off, the harness was too loose. I returned the coat and got a 3 in 1 coat from Amazon. I always got those for my other kids when they were toddlers. A seller on Amazon had one of the Walmart ones on there still brand new for only $13 and free shipping. He'll wear the inner jacket in his seat and both jackets together for playing outside this winter. The Amazon seller had quite a few other 3 in 1 coats for cheap, the seller's name is Jokerkids.

I felt like the Snozu was too thick! Thanks for trying it out for me! I ordered the LLBean. I'm going to check out Jokerkids. Thanks.

cookie123

I ended up getting the LL Bean Puff n Stuff. It's really thin and has Primaloft. I hope it fits! I paid $47.

I stopped by Costco yesterday and now they have the thinner Snozu in toddlers but only in girls. The Gerry starts at 6 in boys but goes smaller in girls. I don't know what's going on over there!

rin2809

We LOVE my son's LL Bean Puff and Stuff Jacket. It was warm enough for him to get through day to day in the freezing MN winters. We have a super puffy Columbia that we use for playing outside when he isn't going to be in a car seat.

This may not be true for all kids, because my son is ridiculously tall, but we got the XS in the store, which I think is a size 4 or 5, and it fit him at 2. The sleeves were a little long, but they have great elastic at the wrists and held the sleeve on so it was just a little baggy. Tested it and it will get us through at least this winter and maybe another yet.

cookie123

We LOVE my son's LL Bean Puff and Stuff Jacket. It was warm enough for him to get through day to day in the freezing MN winters. We have a super puffy Columbia that we use for playing outside when he isn't going to be in a car seat.

This may not be true for all kids, because my son is ridiculously tall, but we got the XS in the store, which I think is a size 4 or 5, and it fit him at 2. The sleeves were a little long, but they have great elastic at the wrists and held the sleeve on so it was just a little baggy. Tested it and it will get us through at least this winter and maybe another yet.

The arms do seem really long. I sent it off with DD for Griffin to try on. So far he won't put any jacket on. He's being a real little stinker. Throws a fit and melts right out of it. He might not need a jacket this winter!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC