CMVSS 213 changes and what they mean

Jewels

Senior Community Member
My My Ride (DOM 11/2010)'s manual states 22lbs and walking unassisted - I was surprised to be honest. Not sure if that counts...
I thought I read that there wasn't a way to tell if the seats had complied with the new standards that is why they are suggesting to call the company. My MA65 says 20-65lbs, at least 1yr and walking unassisted and it is a 12/2010 DOM.

ADS

sparkyd

I don't think there is a way to know if they comply yet unless they come out and say so. The minimum for forward-facing is only one aspect of the overall changes, so they could make that change now even if the seat itself doesn't pass the new testing.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I thought I read that there wasn't a way to tell if the seats had complied with the new standards that is why they are suggesting to call the company. My MA65 says 20-65lbs, at least 1yr and walking unassisted and it is a 12/2010 DOM.

The Britax rep is telling stores that their seats comply with the new regulations. They obviously don't though given the minimum ff'ing weight limit. (Which I pointed out to him...)

The walking unassisted wasn't in the manual last time I read it though, so perhaps the 22lbs will happen soon.

SK is advertising that their seats meet new standards - apparently they were planning to put it on their boxes.

The new 2011 Dorel seats don't have walking unassisted in the manual, so they don't meet it on that basis alone.

The My Ride has had the 22lbs and walking unassisted in it since it became available in Canada - I'm not sure if it's passed dynamic testing - but it's compliant in labels and manuals so far as I know.

crawford

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone compiled a list of seats that are compliant with the new regulations?

I will very soon be in the market for two convertible seats and would like to make sure that they comply. Specifically, I'm looking at the Britax Boulevard -- do the newest versions comply?

Pixels

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone compiled a list of seats that are compliant with the new regulations?

I will very soon be in the market for two convertible seats and would like to make sure that they comply. Specifically, I'm looking at the Britax Boulevard -- do the newest versions comply?

The Britax rep is telling stores that their seats comply with the new regulations. They obviously don't though given the minimum ff'ing weight limit. (Which I pointed out to him...)

As long as the seat lists anything less than 22 lbs for a FFing minimum, the seat does not comply. I just checked britax.ca and the new seats say from 20 pounds, so they do not comply.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC