Clek Fllo vs. Radian R120

theSmurfette

2007 Subaru Outback. 3 kids, 9.5, almost 7 and almost 5 months. Previously we used a Chicco KeyFit30 in the middle, Graco Nautilus, passenger, and the 9 year old in adult seatbelt driver side. The seats were in an accident so they're being replaced by the insurance company so price is not a consideration. I want to put the 7 year old in a Frontier 90 because it's so difficult to buckle a booster and how he sits in a seat on long trips.

So my dilemma is with the convertible I want for the 5 month old. It must be narrow because my backseat is fairly narrow and the Frontier is 19". I'm not big on all the huge wings that so many seats have today so I like the R120 better than any of the other Radians. But I also love the Clek seats. I lean toward the Fllo because it is lower and I need to be able to see out the back glass. But I wonder if the Foonf would puzzle better with the Frontier because it's so much higher. And the Foonf has the Julius fabric! I plan to RF as long as possible. Big brothers are great at entertaining the littlest brother!

My 7 year old is 45-46", 50 lbs and just over the 2nd highest slot on the Nautilus. 5 month old is 16 lbs and 25", average.

ADS

melissa621

I have the same vehicle and had a Radian RXT. I hated that seat in my car and just ended up getting rid of it. Even with the angle adjuster, the seat took up so much room. I tried to install it flat on the seat but the darn thing always ended up back into the raised seat bight, so I had no leg room.

henrietta

2007 Subaru Outback. 3 kids, 9.5, almost 7 and almost 5 months. Previously we used a Chicco KeyFit30 in the middle, Graco Nautilus, passenger, and the 9 year old in adult seatbelt driver side. The seats were in an accident so they're being replaced by the insurance company so price is not a consideration. I want to put the 7 year old in a Frontier 90 because it's so difficult to buckle a booster and how he sits in a seat on long trips.

So my dilemma is with the convertible I want for the 5 month old. It must be narrow because my backseat is fairly narrow and the Frontier is 19". I'm not big on all the huge wings that so many seats have today so I like the R120 better than any of the other Radians. But I also love the Clek seats. I lean toward the Fllo because it is lower and I need to be able to see out the back glass. But I wonder if the Foonf would puzzle better with the Frontier because it's so much higher. And the Foonf has the Julius fabric! I plan to RF as long as possible. Big brothers are great at entertaining the littlest brother!

My 7 year old is 45-46", 50 lbs and just over the 2nd highest slot on the Nautilus. 5 month old is 16 lbs and 25", average.

I think the Frontier 90 is a good idea for the 7 year old-it's a bit narrower than the Nautilus, puzzles better than other seats, and will definitely keep that guy harnessed a long time. I think either the Foonf or Fllo are options, and I'd wonder, too if the Foonf would puzzle better. The narrowness is very appealing, for sure! We just got a Britax Advocate Click Tight (same overall as the Boulevard CT), and I was surprised that it wasn't bigger/wider than it is. Those two will last a very long time as harnessed seats, too. And there's the Graco Size 4 Me and it's clones. I know the Outback is very tight, but one of these might work.

I also wanted to just double check on the size of your 9 year old...your 7 year old seems to be of an average size and often siblings are similar. Most 9 year olds definitely do not fit the adult seat belt properly, although there are exceptions. In my state, kids cannot ride in the adult seat belt alone until they are 57" tall AND 9 years old (it has to be both). There's a great backless booster cushion made by Safety First (the Incognito) that fits in tight spaces. We get a lot of use out of ours for my 9 year old and my 9 year old nephew. The minimum weight to use it is 60 lbs. You might find this useful if you haven't seen it before: http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.pdf

Good luck finding something that works. I don't envy you trying to fit them in the Outback! LOL

theSmurfette

I think the Frontier 90 is a good idea for the 7 year old-it's a bit narrower than the Nautilus, puzzles better than other seats, and will definitely keep that guy harnessed a long time. I think either the Foonf or Fllo are options, and I'd wonder, too if the Foonf would puzzle better. The narrowness is very appealing, for sure! We just got a Britax Advocate Click Tight (same overall as the Boulevard CT), and I was surprised that it wasn't bigger/wider than it is. Those two will last a very long time as harnessed seats, too. And there's the Graco Size 4 Me and it's clones. I know the Outback is very tight, but one of these might work.

I also wanted to just double check on the size of your 9 year old...your 7 year old seems to be of an average size and often siblings are similar. Most 9 year olds definitely do not fit the adult seat belt properly, although there are exceptions. In my state, kids cannot ride in the adult seat belt alone until they are 57" tall AND 9 years old (it has to be both). There's a great backless booster cushion made by Safety First (the Incognito) that fits in tight spaces. We get a lot of use out of ours for my 9 year old and my 9 year old nephew. The minimum weight to use it is 60 lbs. You might find this useful if you haven't seen it before: http://www.carseat.org/Boosters/630.pdf

Good luck finding something that works. I don't envy you trying to fit them in the Outback! LOL

I ordered the Fllo last night because, after dh pointed it out, 33" of car seat just wouldn't fit behind the front seats. I also ordered a Frontier clicktight. Walmart.com has them in stock, FYI! I'll get it Wednesday via site-to-store.

My 9 year old is 54" and 85 lbs. he fits in my Subaru well with just the seatbelt. As well as I fit in a seatbelt. And I also can't fit a booster in there with the other 2 seats. I tried but there isn't a narrow booster that will fit the space and him. He's too big for a bubble bum (I tried!). He still uses a booster in our other vehicles though because he doesn't fit in their seat belts appropriately. I haven't tried the incognito because by measurements, it won't fit the space I have left.
It would need latch to keep it in place because of the bolsters on the sides of the seats. I tried a TB and an Affix since it did have latch but the door wouldn't close.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC