Cleaning Carseats

longstocking

How often do you recommend stripping seats and giving them a good cleaning?
How often do you actually do it?
Are all covers machine washable?
After a summer that held a lot of long family road trips I finally pulled the seats out of our car and have the covers in the wash right now. Yuck, they were disgusting. It was last January that I cleaned them.
I just can't imagine those seats that haven't moved in 5 years, or whatever.
Also...not cleaning related, but it came about when I took the cover off. I have a Britax Roundabout and I noticed the padding is ripping. Is there away to get juts that replaced? It's still a fairly new seat.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I clean them only when they need it. Not all covers are machine washable. I do wash all mine in the machine, however, I just ruined a snugride cover also.

About the Roundabout, I would call Britax.

Jessica61624

I wash mine after a spill or accident. It happens every few months it seems like. I do wash mine in the machine also. I can't get them clean otherwise.

oddduck

I uninstall all carseats and clean them 2x a year (spring/fall). I obviously will wash them if there is an accident or spill. I do machine wash on delicate in my front-loader. I just did 2 of my seat yesterday and will have another 4 to do before the weather turns.

Holly

I wash mine about once or twice a year, just whenever they seem really dirty after being used for several months in a row, or obviously if there is an accident or vomit (it doesn't happen often).
I've always washed mine in the washer and hung them to dry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC