Question Chrysler Pacifica - fitting 3 car seats in back seat

CarSeatHelp

I am seeking recommendations on what car seats to purchase in order to fit three car seats across the backseat of a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica that only has two rows of seats. Two of the car seats will be forward-facing for two children who will be just shy of three. The third car seat will be a rear-facing infant carrier. We already own two Britax Boulevards and a Graco Snugride infant carrier but would be happy to invest in new car seats to avoid having to buy a new car. I've heard that the Sunshine Radian is one of the narrowest car seats. Would two of these fit with the Graco Snugride? Would the infant carrier have to go in the middle? It will be easier for me to get the infant carrier in and out of the car if it can go on one of the sides instead of in the middle. Thank you for your suggestions!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I haven't worked with a Pacifica before, but in general:

Radians fit great with a Snugride, you would easily be able to get that combination back there, and could even RF both children if you wanted to. :)

Generally, an old style Britax puzzles very nicely with a Radian if they're both facing the same direction, so you could also try putting one of your Boulevards outboard, FF Radian in the center, and Snugride on the other side and that might fit too and you would only have to replace one seat.

CarSeatHelp

I haven't worked with a Pacifica before, but in general:

Radians fit great with a Snugride, you would easily be able to get that combination back there, and could even RF both children if you wanted to. :)

Generally, an old style Britax puzzles very nicely with a Radian if they're both facing the same direction, so you could also try putting one of your Boulevards outboard, FF Radian in the center, and Snugride on the other side and that might fit too and you would only have to replace one seat.
Emma,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.

I have one more question for you. When we went to our local hospital's car seat safety inspection/workshop, I asked if it would be possible to fit three car seats (1 infant carrier and 2 toddler car seats) in a row in the backseat of our 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and was told no. The reason I was given was that it is not safe for car seats to touch each other. Is it true that car seats should not touch each other?

Thanks again!

Brianna

That's not true at all. They must be independently tight- if you remove the middle seat, outboard seats still have less than 1" of movement- if you remove outboard seats, the middle seat still has less than 1" of movement.

It's perfectly safe for car seats to touch or even be shoved against each other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC