Chest clips

kaharris83

I'm somewhat confused by chest clips. I see they aren't used in some parts of the world. We have a new NextFit and it has the two different settings for rear and forward facing. I realized today DH has been using the forward facing setting so the harness covers aren't so tight on DS1's neck. The rear facing setting on the chest clip also makes the straps not sit flat on DS1. The manual says use the correct setting based on forward or rear facing of course. I let DH know and he said seats in other countries don't even have chest clips so why would it matter if it is on the forward or rear facing setting as long as you're using it. I know they obviously crash tested it on the proper setting and I am not looking for someone to tell me to use my seat in any way other than the manual states. I am just wondering the purpose of chest clips. I do plan to contact Chicco with pictures of my DS1 in the seat. I was just looking for a response to give my DH.

ADS

Baylor

IT matters because that is how it is tested to work. Chest clips are precrash positioners. They are there to make sure the harness stays put on child in the correct position.

In other parts of the world they have the one step release, I know it is called something else,, lol But I can not think of it now. Basically kids need to be able to be taken out of the car seat with undoing only one Buckle.

Lemonade

The harnesses on seats without chest clips are also routed the opposite way through the buckle tongues. So the chest strap sits on the chest better. Instead of it coming under from the hip belt area, it goes over, then comes out under on the stomach/chest. This may not make sense without a picture. Sorry.

kaharris83

The harnesses on seats without chest clips are also routed the opposite way through the buckle tongues. So the chest strap sits on the chest better. Instead of it coming under from the hip belt area, it goes over, then comes out under on the stomach/chest. This may not make sense without a picture. Sorry.

I wondered if it may be set up differently on seats without chest clips. Thank you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC