Carseats for any 2 of 3 in Civic?

Sage72380

I have 3 girls. DD1 is 6y11m, 47lbs, and 47in. DD2 is 3y11m, 30lbs, 36in, and DD3 is 10m, and about 16lbs.

I drive an 2008 Odyssey. DD1 rides in the back passenger side in a 5 pt Nautilus bought in 2009. DD2 rides RF in the passenger side captain chair that is pushed to the middle in a BLVD 60 bought in 2010. DD3 rides in the driver side captain seat in a Keyfit 30 bought in 2012. The kids primarily ride with me, and it's our default family vehicle.

DH drives a 2005 Civic. He currently has a BLVD that expires in Dec RF for DD2 and a Complete Air (bought in July 2009) for DD1. Obviously we'll need to replace the BLVD pretty soon, and we'd ideally like him to be able to drive any 2 of the 3 kids with very minimal adjustments (definitely not uninstalling/installing seats).

I'm in no rush to FF DD2. She's still so tiny and has no complaints about RF. We didn't FF DD1 till about 4.5yrs. And I'm in no rush to put DD1 in a booster. However, I'm willing to do both/either in DH's car.

I'm more concerned about safety then money, but money is of course a factor. Advice?

ADS

Dorothy

Since you have a CA in the car that can accommodate your youngest and middle LOs rfing, how about a combo seat like the new Frontier 90 that could also easily accommodate your oldest and middle LOs ffing?

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Since you have a CA in the car that can accommodate your youngest and middle LOs rfing, how about a combo seat like the new Frontier 90 that could also easily accommodate your oldest and middle LOs ffing?

This is what I recommend as well. The Frontier 90 has a no-rethread harness adjust and is really easy to install/unistall if needed. There is also the Harmony Defender 360 which I believe is also a no-rethread harness, but I do not know if it can be done while installed. Hopefully someone can chime in about that

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC