Carseat photos Part 1

ADS

Mama!

That is cool. He is exactly the same stats as my dd, almost. I think she's an inch taller overall.

We had ds in an AO, and yes the front adjust was good. It was a RF seat for us, replaced by a como.

Does BRU sell regents? Ours only has an icky awful color.

all together ooky

I'm half Korean and my mom says she's Oriental all the time. I never knew it was offensive. I even have old cutlery from a flight from Korea that says "Northwest Orient".

But, not much offends me.

soygurl

Sorry, I had no idea. I thought it was more generic than singling out a specific country or race... I guess I shouldn't have said anything. :eek:

(Or maybe just said his whole family is vertically challenged & left it at that..:thumbsup: )

eta: I changed the original post, if you want to edit it out of your post too. I'm sorry I didn't realize this when I posted... and here I was trying to be PC. :eek:

Oh don't worry about it! I wasn't meaning to get on your case! :eek: My post wasn't worded very clearly either. I meant to say that it can be considered an offensive/outdated term. It's really just a little pet peeve of mine... ;)
An appropriate substitute is Asian. :thumbsup:

Auntie2Avi

Thanks for sharing these pics! I must go take carseat pics with Avi this week, he also fits differently in all of these seats. He is about 1/2-1 inch from the top slots of his MA/DC, but has more room to the top of the ETA when I tried him in it at TRU. Very strange...

Splash

An appropriate substitute is Asian. :thumbsup:

Actually, I find Asian completely offensive and refuse to use it. Asia is a continent, not a country. Russians are Asian. Israelis are Asian. Armenians are Asian. Type casting an entire country by a small region of it is offensive to a lot of people.

I prefer the term "person" to be honest. Besides, if they're from America, they're Americans. They may have descended from people from the Orient at some point, but they're still Americans.

ThreeBeans

Actually, I find Asian completely offensive and refuse to use it. Asia is a continent, not a country. Russians are Asian. Israelis are Asian. Armenians are Asian. Type casting an entire country by a small region of it is offensive to a lot of people.

I prefer the term "person" to be honest. Besides, if they're from America, they're Americans. They may have descended from people from the Orient at some point, but they're still Americans.

I realize this thread is about to get completely derailed, LOL, but I'd like to point out that "asian" has to with ethnicity, not nationality. Same as 'caucasian'. Caucasians could be from the US, from France, or from South Africa. To reference Asian people to indicate that they are more petite than Caucasians and will fit in seats longer is perfectly appropriate:thumbsup:

mimieliza

Well, DH definitely identifies as Asian or Asian-American as does pretty much every Asian person I've met - hence memberships in Asian-American Student Association, etc. What he does not like is mixing up country of origin/ancestry - i.e., calling someone Chinese who you are not 100% drop-dead sure has ancestors from China. I asked him if he finds Oriental offensive and he said, "I don't care, I'm over it." :)

We have known plenty of people who refer to themselves as Oriental, so I don't think it's a big deal to most, it's just antiquated. This is just an observation, but more recent immigrants sometimes seem to use the term Oriental while people born in the US seem to prefer Asian or Asian-American.

We do crack up every time we go to Walmart and see the sign for "Oriental" food. I don't know why we find it so funny, but we do.

mimieliza

And to the OP - so sorry for the massive derail of your thread! :) I have another tangent, though - where do you find playdress/legging sets for a good deal? I tried stalking ebay but haven't found the prices to be really great.

Synchro246

Evenflo Triumph Advanced

Nice seat, but WHAT were they thinking with that harness adjuster? the tabs slide right below the shoulders every time the kid wiggles. Honestly, though, I didn't mind the harness tightening knob, seemed fairly easy to use.
100_1753.jpg

I get at least 17 inches, you know, if the harness straps didn't fall down :rolleyes:
100_1752.jpg
I have that seat & I put the straps as high as they go, install the kid, tighten the knob and let that pull the harness height down. I feel light it goes right to AT the shoulder height that way. I personally haven't noticed them go below with wiggling, though if I tried to tighten it with him slouched it could very well work out that way. :twocents:

ETA: see in your first pic how the harness is folded at the buckle. It does that all the freaking time and it drives me nuts.

southpawboston

I realize this thread is about to get completely derailed, LOL, but I'd like to point out that "asian" has to with ethnicity, not nationality. Same as 'caucasian'. Caucasians could be from the US, from France, or from South Africa. To reference Asian people to indicate that they are more petite than Caucasians and will fit in seats longer is perfectly appropriate:thumbsup:

in medicine this is done all the time. there are medical conditions that some ethnicities are more predisposed to... to refer to medical statistics with respect to asians, caucasians, eastern europeans, middle easterns, etc is perfectly normal.

i happen to be "east european", which can mean russian, polish, slovak, czech, hungarian, romanian, bulgarian, etc... we share certain genetic traits related to physique, appearance (high cheek bones, lol), metabolism, etc. why should i be offended by that designation?

ThreeBeans

And to the OP - so sorry for the massive derail of your thread! :) I have another tangent, though - where do you find playdress/legging sets for a good deal? I tried stalking ebay but haven't found the prices to be really great.

Consignment shops...Mom and We, Once Upon a Child :thumbsup:

I have that seat & I put the straps as high as they go, install the kid, tighten the knob and let that pull the harness height down. I feel light it goes right to AT the shoulder height that way. I personally haven't noticed them go below with wiggling, though if I tried to tighten it with him slouched it could very well work out that way. :twocents:

ETA: see in your first pic how the harness is folded at the buckle. It does that all the freaking time and it drives me nuts.

I have this seat too, and i've never had a problem with the harness falling behind my son's shoulders either. the harness won't move a fraction once tightened. I usually leave my son's harness at the correct height for him, so i dont' have to fool with the tabs too much, cause i find i really have to tug hard to get them to move up and down. Not like the floor models at all. the floor models in both target and BRU slid very easily on the path way. Both of these had a stitched label on the back that said "display only not to be sold!" in big huge bold letters. I think that with display models (with the ETA) they make them easy to move up and down so that parents can test them out in the stores, KWIM. That's why they have to say that the display models can't be used in a car and all.

Also, what you are describing with the harness folding at the buckle. i've never had this problem either. Prior to tightening the harness i make sure it is centered in the groove, and then tighten, if i see it folding down, i stop and adjust it, and then continue to tighten. Works every time.
HTH

soygurl - love your avatar!

I too notice that evenflo seats always twist at the buckle, the strapping seems so thin compared to the Britax seats that use seat belt webbing (opposed to polyester webbing).

super_grape

hanna andersson is having a sale right now and they have a few
playdresses that aren't too teribly expensive...at least for hanna's:p. i can't remember if the leggings were on sale tho??

hth!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC