Question Carseat compatible lightweight stroller

mominabigtruck

This is like the last thing my mom needs and I actually took her to bru this weekend so I've got somewhat of an idea what she's looking for. She really liked the combi strollers and featurewise it's what she needs I'm just worried about durability. I was not impressed at all by the combi stroller I had but it was quite a bit older.

She needs something that will accept a ss1/sr, folds super small since she drives a pt cruiser and is pretty easy to use. She doesn't need anything super fancy, just a basic, inexpensive stroller. She likes my pliko but she can never figure out how to fold it so that's out, otherwise I'd just let her use it. I'd like to find something on CL and I've found combi strollers in the $40 or less range but they just seem really chintzy.

ADS

Athena

I second that! With baby #1 I felt like getting a stroller frame for the seat was too wasteful because I'd need a stroller later anyway. I was so wrong because later you have so many more choices of strollers and your needs are different anyway. With baby #2 I got a stroller frame and it was so much smaller and more convenient. I resold it when I was done and bought a stroller that worked for my needs then.

carseatfreak

I love my Graco mosaic (and so has everyone else that borrowed it). It holds a carseat fairly easily, trifolds nicely, and was a rather comfortable seat for all ages of kiddos. It's also a bit more narrow in my opinion than the more full size graco strollers. Has the basket and parent cupholder. They are around $100 on albeebaby but you may find them elsewhere cheaper.

Bolly

I have a Britax Preview which is an umbrella fold stroller that accepts the Britax Companion seat. I am sure there is something similar out there.

mominabigtruck

She's not feeling the snap n go. She thinks that I'm trying to get her to buy more then one stroller since I personally don't think you can have just one stroller and be happy.

I checked out the combi flare at sears today and was totally not impressed. It just feels really cheap to me and I can't imagine a 55lb kid fitting in there.

Athena

She's not feeling the snap n go. She thinks that I'm trying to get her to buy more then one stroller since I personally don't think you can have just one stroller and be happy.

I checked out the combi flare at sears today and was totally not impressed. It just feels really cheap to me and I can't imagine a 55lb kid fitting in there.

I agree about not being able to do with just one stroller. :)

The Combi has a 55 pound limit? I cannot even imagine that, or is this a new model. I tried the Combis a couple years ago and they were terrible for average to tall people (parents and kids). I'm an average height woman and tripped over them walking normally. That's a big pet peeve for me. Plus, my tall DD was already looking tall for it before she turned 2.

mominabigtruck

Well both of my parents are on the short side so I don't think handle height would be a big issue. Really they just feel like umbrella strollers to me and I can't imagine an infant seat or a larger child feeling secure in there. I'm wondering if the newer p3s are easier to fold then my pliko. I know it's a little bit harder because it's getting up there in years so I wonder if that would make that big of a difference if I could find her a newer p3 on cl?

mamajava

Senior Community Member
i love my Graco Metrolite. Out of the 100's of stroller I have bought in the last 5 years, it is my favorite for the smaller ones.

poohbear

If you want something a little higher end/quality, you can also check craigslist for used Maclaren Techno XLRs and used Baby Jogger City Minis (some BJCMs are even listed with the carseat adapters). Both are really nice strollers that you will be able to use for a long time after your LO is out of the car seat and you will be able to sell for close to what you paid later on.
HTH! :)

Otherwise the Graco options are good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC