Car seat recs for 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe

hertweck

Hi! We've recently purchased a '12 Santa Fe and I cannot get my daughters My Ride to install FF in the middle seat, so we are looking to purchase a new seat for her. She will be 3 next month and is 39 inches tall and about 32 pounds. What seats would you all recommend? The problem with the My Ride seems to be it's wide base, vs. the narrow middle seat and close set seat belt stalks. Thanks!

ADS

DebiF

We have the 2010 Santa Fe and while my daughter is 5, she's very close to your daugher's height/weight. We purchased the Nautilus. We haven't had a chance to try and install it yet, but my daughter is very excited about it and keeps sitting on the seat in our living room. It has the 5 pt. harness as well . It was on sale at Target for $125, not sure what it is now.

mscarder

I have the 11 Santa Fe. I've installed a frontier85 similar size to the nautilus and a Radian in the center position. Your right though its a very awkward seat and not very carseat friendly. A few tricks that might help are twisting the seatbelt stalk and reclining the seatback 2-3 clicks before installing then once you've installed the carseat at tight as you can move the seatback upright. Those two things seem to work like a charm for me so far.
Also if that doesnt work you could try a locking clip or once you installed the seat unhook the seat belt let it retract a few more clips then rehook the seatbelt. It takes both me and my husband to install our snugride base there! Needless to say once a seat is installed there it rarely gets moved!

Jan06twinmom

Have you tried installing the car seat outboard? Would you consider placing her in the outboard position if you can get a good install with her seat?

Melanie

hertweck

I have the 11 Santa Fe. I've installed a frontier85 similar size to the nautilus and a Radian in the center position. Your right though its a very awkward seat and not very carseat friendly. A few tricks that might help are twisting the seatbelt stalk and reclining the seatback 2-3 clicks before installing then once you've installed the carseat at tight as you can move the seatback upright. Those two things seem to work like a charm for me so far.
Also if that doesnt work you could try a locking clip or once you installed the seat unhook the seat belt let it retract a few more clips then rehook the seatbelt. It takes both me and my husband to install our snugride base there! Needless to say once a seat is installed there it rarely gets moved!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so glad to hear it's not just me having a horrible time with this seat. It's good to know the frontier will install. I'm going today to try it and the Nautilus out.

hertweck

Have you tried installing the car seat outboard? Would you consider placing her in the outboard position if you can get a good install with her seat?

Melanie

We have it installed outboard right now and it works perfectly. The issue with leaving her there is we also have two teenage daughters, it a much more peaceful ride with the car seat between the two older ones. :) Otherwise I'd just leave it outboard because we do love the My Ride.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC