Question Car seat for tall kid/small car

U

Unregistered

Hi everyone,

My son is 8.5 months old and TALL. He has been in the 95th and above percentile at each doctor's visit since he was a month old and based on my family and my husband's family we expect him to continue along the same growth curve. He will very soon meet the height limit for his infant seat (Chicco Keyfit 30) so we are looking at convertible seats. The issue is that, although I want a seat for a very tall child, I have a pretty small car (audi A4). As it is, only very short people can sit comfortably in my front passenger seat if he is in the car behind them.

I realize that "tall car seat" and "good car seat for small car" might just be two contradictory requirements, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

Cnidaria

Do you have a budget in mind?

The Britax Clicktight Boulevard would be a good one for you. It's so tall that it'll get all kids to a full 40 lbs RF regardless of how tall they are, but it installs very very compactly front to back.

The Chicco Nextfit is a smidge less tall so it's possible that he would outgrow it by height slightly before hitting 40 lbs, but also installs quite compactly.

AllieK

We have a Britax Boulevard & Marathon and a Graco MySize and they all work well RF in my sedan for my tall kids. My DH is 6'4" and can sit comfortably in the seat in front of our RF child.

This is a great article to start with: http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ultimate-rear-facing-convertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/
Then you can cross reference with this article to find the best seat for your tall kiddo: http://carseatblog.com/31265/best-convertible-carseats-for-extended-rear-facing-the-definitive-guide-for-savvy-shoppers/

1mommy

I'd try out the Graco Milestone, I just got one and Love it! I love that it has plenty of leg room unlike the Britax seats (not a safety concern, just can be a pain loading them)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC