CA RF height limit

PeachyPie

I have a Complete Air, I love the seat, love that it allows you to RF to 40lbs. I kind of just assumed that the RF height limit would be in correlation with a normal 40lb child but right now I'm realizing that my DS is definitely going to outgrow this seat in heigh far before he reaches the 40 lb weight since it only allows you to RF to 36"!! That's so incredibly low in my opinion!

He's only 10 months old but 31" already (and 27 lbs but he's starting to slim out now that he's crawling),and my daughter who is not as tall as he is, was 34" on her second birthday. There's a good chance he'll be close to 36" on his second birthday, but I am sure he won't be 40 lbs yet.

I've been kind of upset about this all evening because I didn't realize that he'd be outgrowing it so young. Am I missing something or is it true that if you have a tall kid, the CA isn't a good choice for you?

ADS
G

guest1

I'm in the same boat! Despite thinking I did tons of research, I realized that I didn't do as much as I thought because I had to buy a new seat for my DD. She's 14 months, 33" and 24lbs. Yeah she still has three inches but she's also only 14 months and my goal is to keep her RFing until her 5th birthday - NOT happening in that seat! So I bit the bullet and bought her a Radian. Expensive, but at least it allows RFing up to 44"

cjsmama

Most parents are comfortable using a rearfacing seat until there is 1.5 inches of hard shell above the head of your child when they are in the seat.

smackeen

Unfortunately, this company is very strict about the height limit.

You can use parental discretion and go above the 36in, myself, I switched my child to another seat due to this.

PeachyPie

Okay well I'm comfortable using it above 36" if I know why they have this rule. Anyone know? Does Dorel just not bother testing with taller dummies?

tiggercat

PeachyPie said:
Okay well I'm comfortable using it above 36" if I know why they have this rule. Anyone know? Does Dorel just not bother testing with taller dummies?

The US model has a 40 inch RF height limit, if that helps at all. Personally I feel it is somewhat arbitrary.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

PeachyPie

Thank you. Grr it's hard to know what to do. I hate it when they put height limits for RF on seats. It's torso height that matters. We still are a ways away from 36" so I'll see what I think when that time comes. Thanks everyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC