C-Max on Ford Site

ADS

Dillipop

I think maybe I need to save up for this. Anyone know when it will be available or how much it will retail for?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
No armrests on the front or 2nd-row seats? You'd think they'd have learned from Mazda's no-armrest mistake in the 5.

I see the site says the pics are from a pre-production model, so hopefully that means the armrests will get added later?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
+3 for having big girls in boosters and little guy harnessed in a Nauti.

-2 for improper use -- shoulder belt over armrests and belly clip on Nautilus.

But I'm thrilled at the effort on best practice, at least :D

Also glad there's a competitor for the 5. I was in serious want of the 5 when I thought I was changing jobs... of course I ended up with the Pilot just a year ago so it's going to be a while before I get another vehicle, but when I do, this type of vehicle is definitely on my short list. I need seating capacity but it really stinks to drive a gashog around town on the weekends when it's just me. :thumbsdown:

And yeah, what's up with the lack of armrests?

ETA: That second row center stow-age is WEIRD. Took me forever to figure it out! Not sure if I like it or not...

kgardnez

Has anyone found any pricing? Being in MI I would like to buy the Ford (first time in my life) but I'm afraid they will do something silly like price it significantly higher than the 5.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I think I'd still rather have a 5.
What's with blondie's shoulder belt being *over* the booster armrest? Nice.:rolleyes:

Something seems... off about it. Like the belt was photoshopped later or something? Looking at the other girl's booster, it doesn't look like hers has armrests at all (or the outboard side is really weird). :scratcheshead:

all together ooky

I'm intrigued by this vehicle. I'm planning to go to the local auto show-maybe I can find some binoculars to get a better look from afar. :rolleyes:
I like that it has the three across option, not that I'd probably use it much, but it's nice to have.

manateesmom

I lurve it. I expect it will be priced higher than the Mazda 5, because it will have Sync and the MyFord Touch screen (which are super cool). But it will probably be a tad too high, I agree.

I'm just dying to know if I can install a RN rear-facing in that 2nd row center seat. On one picture, it looks like the seat bottom to back is a continuous piece of fabric, which might make RN's foot incompatible. But it looks like 2 separate pieces in other pics. Can't wait to see one.

It's the perfect compromise for us. We're buying a car within the next year, but typically keep them 6-8 years, and DS will be old enough to have buddies (and maybe a sibling) by then. But it seems dumb to buy a minivan when we have one child, plus the gas mileage, and it will mostly be used for my commute. A mini minivan is perfect. I really use Sync and the touch screen a lot in my Fusion, so would like to have that in a new car, and try to buy American whenever possible.

I first heard about the C-Max in November, and still not much info about release date and price. They sell these in Europe, though, so not sure why it should be so hard to get it produced and sold here.

Dillipop

I did some searching and one article stated it would start mid-20's. I hope it comes out slightly lower, as we would totally consider it.

Shanora

Has anyone found any pricing? Being in MI I would like to buy the Ford (first time in my life) but I'm afraid they will do something silly like price it significantly higher than the 5.

No pricing yet since its not actually being manufactured yet. Its the pre-production model so things can still change

twinkletoes

oh this would suit me just fine :).. perhaps when it's time to change my focus in a couple of years? anyone know what the estimated mpg would be? guess I could look it up in europe if it's already over there.. but their gallons are bigger than over here. so wouldn't help much :/ unless it were in liters ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC