Britax response

sm1982

I was thinking of that but didn't knew if it was allow, Britax told me to buy the infant insert but it's 30$

I'm disappointed they didn't offer to send one out for free. They offered be a ClickTight Frontier in exchange for a Pioneer because I simply disliked the seat!

ADS

Dillipop

With the britax- can you roll up receiving blankets along his sides and get him sitting more upright? Babies are so mushy and hard to get into a seat. Getting home upright may take away some of that mushiness and help the harness for better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobain's Mommy

I agree with each baby being diffrent. My son came home in a SS1. When born he was 21 3/4" and 10lbs 9oz at birth, he was in the NICU and they weren't able to feed him so he dropped a lot of weight. He was about 9lbs 4oz at discharge. He was all legs and no body, still is. As a squish he was below the harness straps. Graco just said to use rolled up stuff to keep him more straight.

My daughter was born 8lbs 8oz and 20" long. She was all body no legs, she finally grew legs last year. She came home in a SR32, same shell as the SS1. Our only issue was her head flopped to one side. The harness height was good for her.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm disappointed they didn't offer to send one out for free. They offered be a ClickTight Frontier in exchange for a Pioneer because I simply disliked the seat!

If they offered a new, more expensive seat to every unsatisfied customer, they'd be out of business.

I'm not surprised they didn't offer to send an insert to someone who has a seat with a DOM of 2013. The OP didn't say what the history of the carseat is, but it's possible it's a loaner from a friend or family member.

The fit of the harness on that baby doesn't look that bad to me. I've seen higher buckles on babies. Remember, this is a rear-facing seat, so having a buckle on a belly isn't as big of a deal as it would be for a forward-facing seat. The chest clip is clearly too big, but it is what it is. The solution is a different seat.

seb3244

Me too! They sent me one out for free when it didn't fit my 8lb 14oz daughter correctly. This was June of last year.

Please note it didn't give the problem

sm1982

If they offered a new, more expensive seat to every unsatisfied customer, they'd be out of business. I'm not surprised they didn't offer to send an insert to someone who has a seat with a DOM of 2013. The OP didn't say what the history of the carseat is, but it's possible it's a loaner from a friend or family member. The fit of the harness on that baby doesn't look that bad to me. I've seen higher buckles on babies. Remember, this is a rear-facing seat, so having a buckle on a belly isn't as big of a deal as it would be for a forward-facing seat. The chest clip is clearly too big, but it is what it is. The solution is a different seat.

I don't expect them to offer a new more expensive seat to every customer. I was more than shocked when they offered it to me. My point was, the offered me a seat that was $100+ more than what I paid but wouldn't help someone out with a $30 insert. The customer service is all over the place.

AllieK

She is a 18 y/o that doesn't work, family don't help because they are still mad about the pregnancy, j don't have the money but I know someone that will let me borrow her Chicco

I hope this poor mom gets some help once she gets home with baby as diapers, doctors visits, clothes, food, etc. all adds up to much more than $30!
Posted via Mobile Device

bnsnyde

I never had a seat that I felt was an awesome fit on a newborn, and mine are 8-9lbs. It's just...hard to fit those little ones in there, despite making all the right adjustments.

The harness pads have never worked, either. Just too big.

My guy now is 2 months and finally it's getting easier to adjust him. He's more baby now, and less newbie.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't expect them to offer a new more expensive seat to every customer. I was more than shocked when they offered it to me. My point was, the offered me a seat that was $100+ more than what I paid but wouldn't help someone out with a $30 insert. The customer service is all over the place.

Yeah, CS really is all over the place with most companies. I think it depends on their mood for the day :D. Maybe if you catch them in an Oprah-like mood . . . "and you get a new seat, and you get a new seat, and you get a new seat!"

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I certainly wouldn't expect Britax to send out a $30 accessory for a 2yo secondhand seat.

I hope the Chicco fits better.

Does the mother know the history of the Chicco or the Britax seat?

lourdes

I certainly wouldn't expect Britax to send out a $30 accessory for a 2yo secondhand seat. I hope the Chicco fits better. Does the mother know the history of the Chicco or the Britax seat?
both seats are from friends of mine that I know personally, no accidents, no harness washing,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC