Britax - pronunciation change

2BunniesMommy

You have got to be kidding me!

I have a friend who pronouces every baby brand incorrectly, now she will think I have been the one saying this one wrong! She says the "J" in Baby Bjorn, says Combi like a comb, etc....ok, she doesn't have a problem with Graco, but you get the idea.

So, I was supposed to call Britax this week, but never got around to making any of the calls I needed to. If I do get it done next week, I am curious how they will say it. Calling CS is how I learned it was the long I that I guess it no longer is.

ADS

cookie123

I have a friend who pronouces every baby brand incorrectly, now she will think I have been the one saying this one wrong! She says the "J" in Baby Bjorn, says Combi like a comb, etc....ok, she doesn't have a problem with Graco, but you get the idea.

So, I was supposed to call Britax this week, but never got around to making any of the calls I needed to. If I do get it done next week, I am curious how they will say it. Calling CS is how I learned it was the long I that I guess it no longer is.

Last time I called they said it with a short I. That's been awhile too. I remember being surprised.

Mercuria

Uh oh... I say Combi "comb e." How am I supposed to say it?

thtr4me

I seem to always pronounce it Bree-tax in my head, even though I tried to say BrEYE-tax when saying it outloud. I think I am just going to use whatever pronunciation I like from now on.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
For most of the people shopping at my BRU, it has no pronunciation, it's "I've never heard of THAT brand--don't you have any Eddie Bauers?" :spit:

2BunniesMommy

I called on Tuesday and the CS person I talked to did still say the long I. I don't think it can ever change in my head, but I will work on it.

Her hand gestures were ALL I was focusing on for the entirety of that video :whistle:

After listening to her say it, I like the breye-tax pronounciation. Although I feel like people are just going to stick with the way they've always said it, whatever that may be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC