Britax Pavillion vs Recaro Euro

MamaTucker

Hi, I have 2 kids a 3 mo old and a 2.5 yr old. Both are rear facing. I have a Sunshine Kids Radian 80, Britax Marathon and Graco Snugride 35. My 2.5 yr old is 36" tall and 33 lbs so he is getting close on the Marathon's weight limit. I need to get some car seats for the following purposes:

1. Replace Marathon so he can stay RF in a 2004 Lexus IS300 (radian won't work).
2. Get a FF carseat for him for another car that won't fit any RF seats.
3. Get a RF carseat for 3mo old that will last RF for a while in a 2007 Toyota Tundra. DS is in the Radian here.

For the Marathon Replacement I was thinking about getting the Pavillion. I would like him to stay RF till at least 4. Is there something else I should look at? I also need a seat that is easy to install for when we travel via plane and bring a seat with us.

For the FF I was thinking it might be best to just get a harness booster combo so we can keep it once he is in a booster? Will all kids always need a booster meaning they can't go from a convertible FF to a regular seat in the car? Or should I get the Recaro Euro for him FF? DH likes the Recaro.

What do you recommend for a new RF for a baby? She is a big baby 15 lbs and 25" long.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The new Britaxes are shorter than the old. So even though the weight limit is higher, the shells are shorter.

The Euro is pretty much a waste if you're going to buy a convertible to use forward facing. Any convertible would be. If your husband likes Recaro have him check out the ProSport. All kids will need a booster. The seatbelt is for kids about 12 years and older. In theory some kids could go from maybe the Britax Frontier harnessed directly to the seatbelt, but not many. Most would at least need a backless booster for a couple of years.

What car is the child going into where no rear facing seats fit?

I'd pass the Marathon down to the baby if her shoulders reach the bottom slot. Then get something like a Graco Size4Me, Graco My Ride (about the same height as his current Marathon), another Radian, Evenflo Triumph 65.

Wendy

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Do you have an angle adjuster for your radian to make it more upright? It makes it fit in tight front to back spaces.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC