Britax Multi-Tech pics & review

ADS

firemomof3

OK so this is the final install. I'm comfortable with everything except the foot prop. I can't tell if its locked or not?
MTinstall003.jpg

cookie123

It looks like the leg room isn't all that great, or is it just the pictures? I want that seat. I like the harness and the crotch strap looks long. Doesn't twinsmom have another one of those?

twinsmom

From that pic, it looks like the footprop might not be at the correct angle. See the black straps that attach the prop to the seat? I think they are supposed to be stretched all the way out. Check to manual for the angle. Also, push up on the prop. If it doesn't retract, it is locked. But it also needs to be at the correct angle.

I guess it's time to change my siggy. :crying:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I thought there was a green/red dot on the prop to show when it was tight enough. Angle I cheated with the manual.

twinsmom

I thought there was a green/red dot on the prop to show when it was tight enough. Angle I cheated with the manual.

Yes, the red/green will tell you if it's tightened. It also needs to be at the correct angle. I'm pretty sure those straps that are on the prop need to be extended fully. At least that's how they were in my car when the angle was correct.

If the angle is correct, but the indicators are red (meaning it is not tight enough), tighten the tethers. That will pull the seat down tighter onto the prop. If you still can't get it tight, push up a little on the back of the seat so you can extend the prop one more 'click'. Then tighten the tethers. It'll be rock solid.:thumbsup:

myztic

Ah! Now your making me think I should have bought the multi tech instead of the radian xtsl! Hmmm
Can you tell me what makes the multi tech so much better than radian? In what ways is the radian better?? :)
Is the multi tech a lot wider than the radian? That was one of my concerns.

Thank you guys, I got it!

L

LuciaBella

wOw that looks like a great seat! I was having a hard time
deciding between the MT and TWE but chose the twe. It does seem daunting at first but you will get it! If you need help with anything let me know.

Myztic: the MT goes rf to 55lbs but only ff to 40. You can rf until the tip of the ears are even with the top of the shell, so it lasts a long time height wise. it also can be installed more upright (up to 10 degrees) for older kids whereas the radian seems to be stuck at 35-45 degrees. Hope that helps.

firemomof3

Ah! Now your making me think I should have bought the multi tech instead of the radian xtsl! Hmmm
Can you tell me what makes the multi tech so much better than radian? In what ways is the radian better?? :)
Is the multi tech a lot wider than the radian? That was one of my concerns.

The reason why I got the MT was because I couldn't get a good upright install with my XTSL :( If I had a Caravan or T&C instead of a Sedona then I would have been fine. The MT is illegal to use in the states so if I were ever in a accident my insurance company wouldn't replace it. But so far, the MT outshines any US made car seat I've tried...and I think I've tried them all :eek:

myztic

i live in south africa so it wouldn't really have been a problem for me. It outshines every seat you have tried, in what way ? :)

firemomof3

The rear facing weight limit, dual rear facing tether, foot prop, rf leg room, padded harness, ease of seatbelt installation...overall safety :love:

L

LuciaBella

i live in south africa so it wouldn't really have been a problem for me. It outshines every seat you have tried, in what way ? :)

You are in ZA? I studied at UCT for the past 7 months, and just returned about a month ago!

I've seen the seats that South Africa has, and although I love the Chicco and Bebe confort line, all the seats only go RF to 13kgs. (at least what I've seen) If you get an american seat with the highest limit, it's 20kgs. The Swedish seats go RF up the 25Kgs and offer tons of installation methods.
If we are just comparing ZA seats to the MT...MT wins! Hands down. Considering the general population FF at 9 months and/or don't even use car seats.
Just curious but what kind of car do you have? Most cars in ZA are compact, so I'm wondering what the Radian will go into and if you are RF your child. Good job for you wanting to make your child safe!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC