Britax frontier ct questions??? (merged thread)

hello everyone. i have a few questions.

1) what is the best way to clean it as in wash it up?

2) the front part where the childs legs hang over, seems to be held on by two clips and two pieces of plastic but on mine, it seems to be very very lose and it almost seems like it could fall off at any time and it already has once right out from under her bum. anyone else have this problem it keeps bothering me because a car seat that cost this much shouldn't have this problem .

3) is it just my frontier? but when i try to take the car seat out with the click tight system only one side comes undone easy and the other is like rock. i end up having to push down again and hear the one side click in again but again when i try the other side it comes easy but then the other side is like rock. they never come open easy at the same time. i can take me up to 10 mins to get it out. its easy putting it in but getting it out is horrible.

any help would be great. thanks so much!:yeahthatsad:

ADS

Keeks64

hello everyone. i have a few questions. 1) what is the best way to clean it as in wash it up? 2) the front part where the childs legs hang over, seems to be held on by two clips and two pieces of plastic but on mine, it seems to be very very lose and it almost seems like it could fall off at any time and it already has once right out from under her bum. anyone else have this problem it keeps bothering me because a car seat that cost this much shouldn't have this problem . 3) is it just my frontier? but when i try to take the car seat out with the click tight system only one side comes undone easy and the other is like rock. i end up having to push down again and hear the one side click in again but again when i try the other side it comes easy but then the other side is like rock. they never come open easy at the same time. i can take me up to 10 mins to get it out. its easy putting it in but getting it out is horrible. any help would be great. thanks so much!:yeahthatsad:

Hi There :)

For washing it do you mean the cover? Or did something spill in/on it? The cover comes off quite easily for washing & I just use a wet wipe to clean out mucky cup holders :) the cover can be washed on a gentle cycle & hung to dry

The seat pad can be annoying loose , mine is the same. There is also elastic that hooks under the bottom by the recline bar that helps keep it in place. Try if possible to have your child climb in & sit straight down vs climbing in & then sliding their bum up/down .... When my DS slides around I notice it comes loose.

Double check that the clips that go where the click tight mechanism are , are clipped tightly - they kind of clip up & under if that makes sense.

You can also call Britax & ask for a new seat pad, I know others have before when theirs was constantly loose no matter what

As for the click tight, it's a spring loaded mechanism which is why it's harder to open on one side.

Are you undoing the seatbelt before opening & unlocking the click right? It's much much easier to open that way!

If you have the belt pulled really tight into the click tight it can also be harder to open - just get out the slack instead & it should be easier to open ( and close)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Re: Britax frontier ct questions???

thanks i will go and see if it comes out easier with the belt undone. and yes hailey does climb up and she even buckles her self in (i check it before we leave) but yes its very lose.

Keeks64

thanks i will go and see if it comes out easier with the belt undone. and yes hailey does climb up and she even buckles her self in (i check it before we leave) but yes its very lose.

If your not undoing the seatbelt 1st that's your issue :) because of the spring loaded release mechanism it stays tight with the tension from the buckled belt. I believe it even says in the manual that you need to undo the seatbelt.

I would double check that the clips are hooked correctly for the seat pad under the click tight plate & double check the front ones are clipped into their holes on the side. Make sure the elastic is attached also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

well i am trying to post a picture it will not let me. but upon taking the coverings off to be washed i noticed that my spring for the click tight system is rubbing on the plastic part that opens for the seat belt to into. it not bad...yet but i see over a long time of using it this might become a problem. anyone else find this? any one know why i can't up load pictures?

is it safe?

is it safe to have space between a captains chair and the middle back of a frontier?? the car seat is reclined, the captains chair is reclined as far as it will go. the head rest doesn't come off. i have done everything i can. so is it safe to have 3 in between the seats ?? the bottom sits flat on the captains chair but there is still that space. i just need to know if its safe please.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

well i am trying to post a picture it will not let me. but upon taking the coverings off to be washed i noticed that my spring for the click tight system is rubbing on the plastic part that opens for the seat belt to into. it not bad...yet but i see over a long time of using it this might become a problem. anyone else find this? any one know why i can't up load pictures?

It's easiest if you upload your photos to a photo-sharing site (like photobucket) and then post the link. It's very hard to provide feedback until we see it, and possibly it will have to go to Britax to determine if it's okay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC