Britax FR85 in 2nd row '08 Odyssey

tristar

Is it possible to get an acceptable install on a Frontier 85 using a seatbelt in the captain's chair of an '08 Odyssey? I tried the short and long belt paths and couldn't get it tight enough. DS is 40 lbs (that is Honda's LATCH limit correct?) so I need to do a seatbelt install. With LATCH I can install in just a few seconds, but the seatbelt had me cursing and tearing up my fingers trying to get it tight. I gave up after about 30 minutes of messing with it.

ADS

MommyShannon

Yes! It's a royal pain the first time as you've discovered. The long belt path is the only way I get it to work. If you haven't watched videos on LBP, they help a lot! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjMsmlN48k&sns=em"]Installing the Britax Frontier 85 using the long belt path - YouTube[/ame]

I route the belt without locking it first. It's long enough that you can move the seat around while routing and get it buckled. Then I make sure there isn't any slack between where the lap portion attaches to the wall and the seat. Next I lock the belt, push the carseat back into the vehicle seat and kneel in it. Pull all the slack out at the buckle side and feed up the side.

tristar

I'll give that a try. I have it outboard in the 3rd row using the long belt path right now but would prefer to put DD in the back and DS in the second row next to the baby. Do you have the back of the vehicle seat in the most upright position or reclined a bit?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC