Britax Decathalon features used with other seat.

Oceana

We have a new Britax Decathalon, it came with 2 nice features, the toddler head pillow and infant positioning system for newborn babies. We also have a Marathon which we bought for my son 2 years ago.

The question is which seat to use for which kid I am due midmonth. So we have a 2 year old and will soon have a newborn.

I have to say I love that the toddler head pillow keeps my toddlers head from bobbing when he is asleep. I also really like the idea of the manufactuer making the infant positioning system tested with their chairs. I do not think the pillow will fit on the marathon.

The infant positioning system would work on the marathon but would it make it as safe?

Thanks
julie

ADS

bazanna

Senior Community Member
We almost always recommend against swapping products from seat to seat unless they are the exact same model. For example, it's find to swap covers on Marathons. You are talking about switching things to a different model of seat that hasn't been tested. Logically thinking, it would be fine but if it hasn't been tested and recommended by the manufacturer, best practice is to avoid doing so.

You are welcome to call Britax and see what they say, though. 1.888.4BRITAX

Oceana

bazanna said:
You are welcome to call Britax and see what they say, though. 1.888.4BRITAX

I have been trying to, 9 months pregnant with a toddler and I seem to always think about it right after they have closed. I have a few more days before I plan to install though.

Thanks
julie

bazanna

Senior Community Member
We don't advocate using any aftermarket products that don't come with the seat. You can roll up a receiving blanket and place it around the child's head after you have made sure you have a good snug installation and fit. Do not place anything under the baby or between the baby and the straps.

Oceana

bazanna said:
Do not place anything under the baby or between the baby and the straps.

Then perhaps using the toddler pillow in the marathon would keep the safty intact while supporting my son's head when he sleeps. The toddler pillow is just at the top... I will see if it will install. That may be my best solution.

I will still try and call Britax

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC